[MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

Post by King of Worms »

Nice progress, I honestly really look forward you finishing the combat overhaul, I loved the bobbing hands when you walk :)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

4.0 dropped on github and vortex.

- I fixed the broken transparency slider. You can now change how see through the whole compass is again.
- Fixed a bug where repairing the compass would use all you spare glass and gears. Now it should only take 1 each time you repair.

It seems I still need to check two more things that came up on the nexus forum.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

One more small release fix.

4.05: Fixed broken mod setting for compass being an item that requires equipping for use.

The option to make the minimap mod use the compass item was broken. If you turned this option off, the mod crashed. It now works.

If you do not want to use the compass item, and just want the minimap with all its stuff, turn off equippable compass option in the mod settings.

All other environment and damage features still work, as long as they are enabled.

Hopefully this is the last major bug. They just keep popping up. So many things to test, so little time.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Hi l3lessed,

Just gave the latest version a try and noticed the 'Lock View' option doesn't seem to save after the quitting the game. You have to keep enabling this setting every time you restart the game.

Also when using the Lock View option all of the minimap icons keep spinning in the direction you are turning, would be better if they just stayed static if using this option imo. Thanks.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for pulling those small things out. Both are easy fixes. I'll drop a quick update in next day or two.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Done and will be in next drop.

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

Does the background settings do nothing if you do not enable the background image? I find the minimap in dungeon too dim and hard to see if you turn the image off. Then if you turn the image on the texture is distracting.
I just want a pure backgound like white or something so I can see the map.

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

Honeyview_DaggerfallUnity 2022-05-17 13-38-26.jpg
Honeyview_DaggerfallUnity 2022-05-17 13-38-26.jpg (713.77 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
I made the background pure white and found that the circle is not aligned.

Another bug: If you are not using realistic view, entity dots will not show unless you turn it on then off.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

This will be fixed in the next release. Upon looking into this, I didn't even notice my code to create the classic bright automap view was not even running. It now runs again, and it will give the bright, easy to see automap layer. I'm going to add an option into the mod settings to allow users to disable this, as realism junkies like me like a more realistic look and view and feel. I like that the minimap becomes harder to see in the dungeon.

One thing I may do is add a toggle feature that if you have a light source equipped, It switches to the brighter automap view, as to mimic having a light source to see the compass view in a dungeon.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

4.1 was just pushed to vortex and github.

4.1 Update Notes
  • Added a "Realistic View Map" setting that is off by default. When off the view map will restore the default bright classic view map for dungeons, which is easier to see because it is always lit. If disabled, it will not restore the bright classic view map, and the map will instead see the world as it is, including its lighting, so when in dungeons or low light areas, the compass is harder to view.
  • When locking the viewport so it doesn't rotate, icons will now stay locked to the current rotation value. They shouldn't rotate with the player anymore, but instead with the rotation value set for the locked mode.
I'll deal with the circle alignment issue. It has to do with how I constructed the UI canvas system from scratch, so I could do what I needed/wanted to for the mod.

I can't replicate the issue with the npc icons not updating when using realistic view is off. I went into a large city, turned it off, and moved around and rotated, and everyone would appear. I also tried it with the scan souls ticked to see if either icon type causes it, and I can't get it to appear. Can you get me a video of what you are referencing?