[MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

Post by l3lessed »

Cool. Glad to hear it. One of the reasons I wanted to use streaming textures was to allow this form of customization.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

thebunnyrules

Post by thebunnyrules »

I'm still getting ghost minimaps of villages I've left when I'm out in the wilderness. Not sure what's causing it, might be tedious travel. Compass is way more stable though, so far that's the only issue I've had. Great work!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'll reinstall and run some tests with tedious travel. It could be.

There may be a location within that wilderness block. Locations are different than random wilderness. Either way, if it isn't tedious travel causing this, I need to add or change some checks apparently.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

Btw the hotkey for Icon Frustrum activates whenever you type something anywhere, it's too sensitive, and at first I didn't even know it was from this mod. Is there anything that could be done about this (other than rebinding it)?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

3.96 update was pushed to the repo.

This release has a number of small fixes pointed out by play testers.
  • Reverted the building marker shader back to the unlit particle shader previously used. Ensures they stand out bright and clear no matter lighting like before.
  • Increased label readability by reducing character spacing, upping font minimum size.
  • Fixed broken building icon switching. It should properly turn on and off building icons based on your setting.
  • Icon frustrum calling showed no real gain or benefit, so it has been disabled and key activation removed for now.
Now time to try and replicate the bug you found with tedious travel.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

I didn't play the updated version yet, but I had some log entries, but in-game everything worked okay.

Code: Select all

DFTFU 1.9.1: Did not find Layer with name "Minimap"! Defaulting to Layer 31
It is prefered that Layer "Minimap" is set in Unity Editor under "Edit/Project Settings/Tags and Layers!" 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Minimap.Minimap.PlayerGPS_OnMapPixelChanged (DaggerfallConnect.Utility.DFPosition mapPixel) [0x001d8] in <bd5dbdc11ff744f99776a6cd15aced76>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void_DFPosition(DaggerfallConnect.Utility.DFPosition)
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.PlayerGPS.RaiseOnMapPixelChangedEvent (DaggerfallConnect.Utility.DFPosition mapPixel) [0x00007] in <d0275bf2c7274c16b0f9895a02995993>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.PlayerGPS.Update () [0x0003e] in <d0275bf2c7274c16b0f9895a02995993>:0 
  (Filename: <bd5dbdc11ff744f99776a6cd15aced76> Line: 0)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Minimap.NPCMarker.Start () [0x0045c] in <bd5dbdc11ff744f99776a6cd15aced76>:0 
  (Filename: <bd5dbdc11ff744f99776a6cd15aced76> Line: 0)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

The minimap layer read out is supposed to be there. That is a debug log I put in to ensure others knew what layer the minimap was rendering on in the hopes future mods didn't conflict.

The null reference, I need to look into. I think I have an idea. It seems to be trying to access a npc marker that was destroyed already by the game/my code.

I'll drop a new version sometime this afternoon. I went through and completely fixed and redid the door icons. Door icons size and color for outside D markers is now controllable. Inside door exit/enter markers have been restored, and their size is also adjustable (color is not since the color changes based on your distance from the enter/exit).

thebunnyrules

Post by thebunnyrules »

Legibility is massively improved with 3.96. The labels are readable, so I am able to distinguish a tavern from a guild to a shop. That being said, I was a massive fan of how building used to have a color code in the old one: tavern were green, armor shops were blue, guilds were yellow. What you have right now is really good but is there any chance that color coded buildings are going to make a return in a future update?

I also would like to report a bug: sometime if I save indoors, reload the save and go outside, the minimap doesn't have any labels anymore. I've uploaded a copy of my player.log during the session which the error occurred. This error doesn't always occur. It seems to occur when I'm booting up dfu from desktop and loading indoors but the error has also occurred when I'm just reloading as well (just not every time).
Attachments
Player.zip
(31 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I pushed a new version. I didn't update the version number on the mod though; sorry, forgot to.

Try the newest version. I added in proper exterior, interior cell change hooks, so now it should activate and deactive markers when leaving and entering buildings.

Let me know if you find any other issues. I'm sure there are some left some where.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Also, I haven't changed the building colors in that way. The building color code reference is the same, so I'm unsure why it isn't the same for you. This sounds like maybe the colors got changed on one of the play sessions, maybe as a result of loading differing versions.