[MOD] Rumors of the Iliac Bay

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Cliffworms

[MOD] Rumors of the Iliac Bay

Post by Cliffworms »

Download on Daggerfall Unity Nexus
Download on GitHub

Changelog

- Typos and other textual fixes.
- Added 20 rumors to the pool.
Spoiler!
- Some of the rumors have been rewritten to fit the dialogue better.
- Fixed an issue with a blank rumor that had a chance to pop up.

- Changed some referenced locations so that Isle of Balfiera and Orsinium will show the rumors.
- Added a control quest that starts the rumors quest, thus making sure the rumors will
always show up wherever you are.
- Initial Release

Rumors of the Iliac Bay adds around 130 new rumors that can spread while asking a NPC about "Any news?". They have a chance of showing up among the large pool of rumors currently spread.

The rumors come from other Elder Scrolls titles and RPGs and have been edited to fit in Daggerfall's world.

If you are loading Rumors of the Iliac Bay on an existing save game, you will need to open Daggerfall Unity's console
and type the following :

StartQuest RIB

Advanced Configuration

By default, there's a 50% chance that a quest rumor will be told when asking for news. To increase this value, you need to edit the appropriate setting in your Settings.ini file, found in this path below and find the line "QuestRumorWeight" :

C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity

Replace the value below with any number of your choice. I recommend 75.

QuestRumorWeight = 75

Rumors examples

Last edited by Cliffworms on Sun May 29, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cliffworms

Re: [MOD] Rumors of the Iliac Bay

Post by Cliffworms »

Well, that was quick. I've updated to version 1.01. :D

- Changed some referenced locations so that Isle of Balfiera and Orsinium will show the rumors.
- Added a control quest that starts the rumors quest, thus making sure the rumors will always show up wherever you are.

If you have been using version 1.0 and you have visited the Isle of Balfiera or Orsinium, you may need to manually start the quest that shows the rumors. This is because some locations referenced in the rumors cannot be found in these two regions, which would prevent the quest from ever starting. If you are updating and you visited these regions, open the console window and type the following :

StartQuest RIB

If you have not visited these two regions, you do not need to do this step.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Greetings!

I have released an update which fixes an issue with a blank rumor that had a chance to appear. I also rewrote some of the rumors to fit the dialogue better. Enjoy!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Bonjour!

Rumors of the Iliac Bay has been updated. You will find the changes below. Also, I was made aware of a setting that can increase the chances of a quest rumor appearing, which is what's the mod is using to show them.

To increase this value, you need to edit the appropriate setting in your Settings.ini file, found in this path below and find the line "QuestRumorWeight" :

C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity

Replace the value below with any number of your choice. I recommend 75.

QuestRumorWeight = 75

Changelog

- Typos and other textual fixes.
- Added 20 rumors to the pool.