3D animals and beasts, Project complete!*

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Hrafnyx

Re: 3D animals and beasts (now w/Sketches for critique)

Post by Hrafnyx »

Oh, I see. That's the right attitude. I personally lack it unfortunately. Doing, redoing, improving my models all the time and never finish them

Ninelan

Re: 3D animals and beasts (now w/Sketches for critique)

Post by Ninelan »

Hrafnyx wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:00 pm Oh, I see. That's the right attitude. I personally lack it unfortunately. Doing, redoing, improving my models all the time and never finish them
Trust me, I'd be in the same boat too lol. Sometimes perfectionism just gets a hold of us.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

NefariousTortoise

Re: 3D animals and beasts, halfway through

Post by NefariousTortoise »

Excellent work.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Also, progress on the mean and happy doggo.

Anyway, I'm super happy at what speed the project is progressing.

I should consider returning to work on the house remodels. OR, doing models for the human static sprites.
I mean, most of the work is just going to be texturing and clothes.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Doggo ❤

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

A different kind of doggo to come too.
While I'll post the werewolf sketch now, I'm actually gonna work on modelling the cat next...I think.
The sketch I'm sharing now is to gather some more thoughts and to explain what I'm doing.

But first. Werewolves throughout the games are...different. Let's kinda go through them in a hot minute.
1) Lanky-limbed and athletic, long and 'gracile' face, fully furred with an epic and long fur mane and extra-long groin fur it seems like... Completely brown and 'small'. Their ears are long, lowered and pointy, the only werewolf that could hand-model, very elegant hands. The enemy sprite is short nosed, in some frames bald, frog-legged and broad-shouldered.
Possess a short, not so fluffy tail :( .
2)Morrowind lycanthropes are black and tan-grey with pinkish-browny skin, almost fully furred except for feet and fingers. Some parts are hard to guess if they're bald patches or light fur due to texturing. The feet are least paw-like, yet it's the most wolf-like in the face and mane area of all werewolves. Their ears are pointy halfway between erect and flat IIRC?
I think their size is similar to that of other humanoid NPCs.
Big fluffy tail!
3)Skyrim bulks up the werewolves yet keeps them lanky-limbed, yet makes them lose some of the fur on the sides, legs and arms and face, the skin is now grey. The mane is shaggy as if they were a skeever and the facial area is bulkier than a wolf's. Their ears are lowered, long and pointy. They get quite a bit bigger.
Reasonably slim and fluffy tail.
4) ESO makes them look comedically buff and chonky. The old version only lacked fur on the limb ends and I think chest? The only one that possessed a beard, cool. The remake makes them look like a bad parody of the Skyrim lycanthrope. They have tiny erect ears. Some can be white, but mostly grey on grey skin. It's also the only werewolf that doesn't feel 'androgynous' to me. (Even the Skyrim broad-shouldered buff boi one had a sliver of femininity through its face to balance out) IIRC these also 'bulk up' in size like the skyrim ones.
BIG EXTRA fluffy tail.

Can sorta surmise that the whole gist of the Daggerfall werewolves is to be lanky as heck compared to the more even-toned Morrowind ones, or the buff and spindly Skyrim werewolf. So that's sorta what I'll be aiming for and I'll dig my heels on this hill.

Here's the sketch progress so far. I may end up reducing the femur length to compensate for the elongated feet and now digitigrade stance (The enemy sprite also has a slightly reduced femur from some angles?). The size would be based on a Daggerfall person sprite, turned to a werewolf and hunched over. I'll wrap the paperdoll overall detail anatomy on this new body plan. This way I'll sorta guarantee apropriate proportions for their scale.

The wereboar in comparison will inherit the overall shape with its own characteristics, like the tufted tail, face, potbelly, chonkier arms, cloven feet etc...

Ninelan

Re: 3D animals and beasts, static sprites completed!

Post by Ninelan »

Small notice and stuff.

Before I resume on the last 5 models (likely starting with the bat, I already have a sketch outlined)
I'm gonna maybe take a break for a bit, so don't expect something from me at the same consistency as before.

In the meantime, I edited the static horse into the unused enemy horse model.
It's the browner 3D horse with the short roman nose. It's currently stretched over the old horse armature, so the legs bend at an awkward position as seen in the image. But that's to be fixed when I return to it.

Reins are also in the works. That's it for today.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lovely horse :) When all the animal models are done (and I dont mean the enemy models, only the static animals like dog, cat, pig..) so when they are done, hit me up and I will try to make a dfmod from it so u can release it properly.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:21 pm Lovely horse :) When all the animal models are done (and I dont mean the enemy models, only the static animals like dog, cat, pig..) so when they are done, hit me up and I will try to make a dfmod from it so u can release it properly.
Ty, And yup they're done, fully.
Just yesterday I was looking up the documentation, so good timing on that part. Most importantly I'll have to set the materials properly.
I have some concerns but I'll get to you about them soon enough.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Scorpion is completed! The project resumes for now!
Spoiler!