Spell Maker - Identify [RESOLVED 0.14]

jimfcarroll

Spell Maker - Identify [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by jimfcarroll »

I might be wrong but it seems that the Spell Maker is broken when you try to create a spell using the "Identify" spell effect. I thought it was supposed to allow you to set the "chance" but it doesn't seem to.

I'm running 0.11.7 and I disabled all mods to test it.

Jay_H

Re: Spell Maker - Identify

Post by Jay_H »

For now, the Identify spell effect conjures the Identifier merchant's window. Implementing chance-based player identification will come later.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Doesn't the original vanilla Daggerfall allow you to set the chance level in the spell maker? Both the text description in the spell maker itself, as well as the documentation on UESP seem to indicate that it does. I thought as of the alpha release DFU was functionally equivalent to the original DF.

If someone has the details on how it's supposed to behave maybe I'll make a weekend project out of it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I gathered Identify's data from classic. It is:
Identify: Thaumaturgy. Chance. Self-only, non-elemental.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, this is one of two spells I still need to flesh out properly before 1.0. The other is Dispel Magic.

Interkarma

Re: Spell Maker - Identify [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Interkarma »

I have now completed Identify spell so that it rolls Chance per item identified and costs spell points per identify pass like classic.

Note you will need to recreate your Identify spell at spellmaker so you can assign custom Chance settings for this effect.