[MOD] Famous Faces of the Iliac Bay

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
nicksta1310

Re: [MOD] Famous Faces of the Iliac Bay

Post by nicksta1310 »

I look forward to seeing Skakmat in-game one day. Mark Jones confirmed in an interview with UESP in 2011 that he spent a month preparing dragon art for classic Daggerfall, but it was never used.

The fact that the update hasn't been released yet makes me wonder what else is coming soon.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Damn that dragon fits there and looks great.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Famous Faces has been updated to 1.21, which now features Skakmat in Shedungent and a sprite change for Lord Bertram Spode. I found the laughing sprite didn't fit well the character and was also a much lower quality one than the ones you normally see in Daggerfall. He now has the same sprite as the Squid.

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

I visited Moorhart Orchard today and the infamous Lord Kilbar is still showing up 'in disguise.' There could be a mod conflict as I haven't tested this mod by itself yet. I'm using version 1.2 at the moment.

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

Hi,
I have heard of an error in shedungent whereby the lich does not open then secret door and instead says 'Action type twelve'. See Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/daggerfallunit ... le_inside/

I can replicate this bug on all of my saved games and I have tried a clean Daggerfall with no bugs. By removing all mods and adding them one at a time, I have found Famous Faces seems to be the cause. I have removed all mods except expanded textures and famous faces and the bug happens, but with only expanded textures the bug is gone.
I could be wrong, but Just a heads up.

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Hey Cliffworms, love the newest release. I came across a lovely piece of concept art for the Underking today and made an NPC flat for him, not sure if you have plans to add his tomb (not sure if it would go against his lore as an elusive spymaster) but he does have an unused dialogue portrait so it seemed like it might be up this mod's alley :)

Attachments
Underking.png
Underking.png (8.75 KiB) Viewed 2550 times

gwemby

Post by gwemby »

Sappho20 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:41 pm Hi,
I have heard of an error in shedungent whereby the lich does not open then secret door and instead says 'Action type twelve'. See Reddit:

I can replicate this bug on all of my saved games and I have tried a clean Daggerfall with no bugs. By removing all mods and adding them one at a time, I have found Famous Faces seems to be the cause. I have removed all mods except expanded textures and famous faces and the bug happens, but with only expanded textures the bug is gone.
Tested this myself after encountering the same issue, can confirm. The exact wording is "Action type twelve. (do not translate)".
Reverting to 1.20 fixed the issue (farewell Skakmat, my beloved).
i love you and wish you happy gaming <3

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

nicksta1310 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:09 am I visited Moorhart Orchard today and the infamous Lord Kilbar is still showing up 'in disguise.' There could be a mod conflict as I haven't tested this mod by itself yet. I'm using version 1.2 at the moment.
You may be using Windmills of Daggerfall. The infamous Lord Kilbar hasn't been fixed in Windmills of Daggerfall and, as such, the game loads Windmill's version of farmhouses with the incorrect faction NPC. I've notified Kamer about it.

gwemby wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:15 pm

Tested this myself after encountering the same issue, can confirm. The exact wording is "Action type twelve. (do not translate)".
Reverting to 1.20 fixed the issue (farewell Skakmat, my beloved).
It's now fixed! Version 1.22 has been uploaded, which fixes this error. Thanks for the report! :)
StarMadeKnight wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:38 pm Hey Cliffworms, love the newest release. I came across a lovely piece of concept art for the Underking today and made an NPC flat for him, not sure if you have plans to add his tomb (not sure if it would go against his lore as an elusive spymaster) but he does have an unused dialogue portrait so it seemed like it might be up this mod's alley :)

He looks awesome, StarMadeKnight! I don't know where I could place the Underking, but it certainly would be awesome to encounter him in some well hidden place. I managed to make a NPC use the Underking faction which made him have the official portrait in conversation. I'll take note of that. Thanks!

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

Cliffworms wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 pm You may be using Windmills of Daggerfall. The infamous Lord Kilbar hasn't been fixed in Windmills of Daggerfall and, as such, the game loads Windmill's version of farmhouses with the incorrect faction NPC.
Yep, that explains it. I was using Windmills of Daggerfall.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Now that I've done what I wanted for the initial release of Famous Faces, it's time to move on to the next steps. Here are the features I'm planning to add to Famous Faces, some of which I'm already working on :

- Redguard sprites in Hammerfell's palaces, using mostly StarMadeKnight's Redguards (planned for next update)
- Integrate Daggerfall Expanded Textures' unique NPC sprites for the NPCs (planned for next update)
- Detailed palaces for both generic and capital palaces.
- New wealthy home locations for the unique NPCs, such as "Bridwell Manor" for Lord and Lady Bridwell. Those locations will have a palace, some farms and residences.

Here are some screenshots of one of the new palace look. It is a generic palace.