Bossfall: Unleveled [now a .dfmod!]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Osorkon

Re: Bossfall: Unleveled [Fork of Daggerfall Unity, not a .dfmod]

Post by Osorkon »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:06 amMan, you should just have asked us :D Most (all?) of the big modders maintain a github repository specifically so we can benefit from eachothers work.
Heck, my first mod was done by pruning downs Hazelnuts code and building up from there. I would have never been able to make a single mod if not for starting there.

Also, feel free to join us on the Lysandus Tomb discord. We solve most coding problems there (that do not require indepth forum threads) and generally help and encourage eachother to make the mods better.
I figured I'll learn more if I figure it all out myself - that might be true, but I definitely took the hardest road possible for the mod's development.

Thanks for the invite. I've been meaning to join that discord for a while but haven't gotten around to it... someday!

Osorkon

Re: Bossfall: Unleveled [now a .dfmod!]

Post by Osorkon »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:54 pmI don't know, but I changed it for you. It doesn't change the past replies' titles, but I'm placing a new title on this post to start the future ones off properly ;)
Thanks, Jay!!

HimanshuWilhelm

Post by HimanshuWilhelm »

I've been editing the BossfallOverrides.cs file in order to make the experience more "fist friendly." My goals are:
Allow ghost punching without silver gloves when the Hand to Hand skill is above a certain threshold,
Gauntlets allow punching Atronachs, Gargoyles and other hardy foes without self injury.
Fists use the same modifiers as blunt weapons when they do damage.

I don't know much about coding, so I've started with something simple; commenting out parts of code to make fists work against gargoyles and other things.
A lot of the code looks likes just Like this now.
case (short)DFCareer.Skills.HandToHand:
// damage = 0;
// GameManager.Instance.PlayerObject.SendMessage("RemoveHealth", 2);
// if (!motor.ShownMsgTwo)
// {
// DaggerfallUI.AddHUDText("OW! Ineffective.");
// motor.ShownMsgTwo = true;
// }
break;
I've tried to compile the source code file in unity 2019.4.28f1 using the daggerfall mod builder, and it made a .dsmod file. When I start the game up, the mod options are still present, but entering a new game I notice that the boss-fall version of the tutorial is missing. Basic classes having 20 hp per level are gone too. (And I have placed boss-fall is bottom of load order)
Another thing I have tried is compiling the Overrides file on it's own as a sort of patch. I made sure it is below bossfall, with no success. The ouch message pops up when I punch my gargoyle test dummy, and I take damage.

So, I would Like to know how you go about building .dsmod files. Do I need to get any add-ons to the unity editor? Should I exclude certain assets when building the mod?

HimanshuWilhelm

Post by HimanshuWilhelm »

HimanshuWilhelm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:08 am I've been editing the BossfallOverrides.cs file in order to make the experience more "fist friendly." My goals are:
Allow ghost punching without silver gloves when the Hand to Hand skill is above a certain threshold,
Gauntlets allow punching Atronachs, Gargoyles and other hardy foes without self injury.
Fists use the same modifiers as blunt weapons when they do damage.

I don't know much about coding, so I've started with something simple; commenting out parts of code to make fists work against gargoyles and other things.
A lot of the code looks likes just Like this now.
case (short)DFCareer.Skills.HandToHand:
// damage = 0;
// GameManager.Instance.PlayerObject.SendMessage("RemoveHealth", 2);
// if (!motor.ShownMsgTwo)
// {
// DaggerfallUI.AddHUDText("OW! Ineffective.");
// motor.ShownMsgTwo = true;
// }
break;
I've tried to compile the source code file in unity 2019.4.28f1 using the daggerfall mod builder, and it made a .dsmod file. When I start the game up, the mod options are still present, but entering a new game I notice that the boss-fall version of the tutorial is missing. Basic classes having 20 hp per level are gone too. (And I have placed boss-fall is bottom of load order)
Another thing I have tried is compiling the Overrides file on it's own as a sort of patch. I made sure it is below bossfall, with no success. The ouch message pops up when I punch my gargoyle test dummy, and I take damage.

So, I would Like to know how you go about building .dsmod files. Do I need to get any add-ons to the unity editor? Should I exclude certain assets when building the mod?
I believe I found my answer. I compiled with the "Precompiled (experimental)" setting enabled. Testing so far is all good.