Bossfall: Unleveled [now a .dfmod!]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Osorkon

Re: Bossfall: Unleveled [Fork of Daggerfall Unity, not a .dfmod]

Post by Osorkon »

Thanks for your feedback, yabay. After thinking about your points, I think the best solution is to make some of my changes optional. It's about time I added a settings page because I'll definitely need it at some point anyway.

Once I figure out how to code the settings page and make it look nice, I'll include a "Boss proximity warning" checkbox and then a selection slider for which version's movespeed you'd like to use (in case I make any more movespeed changes in the future).

Excellent point about too many low level enemies seeing invisible. I added "review enemies who see invisible" to the v1.3 to do list. I'll likely use your list with maybe a few changes. Mages seeing invisible is a cool idea.

I forgot how nasty that main quest totem mission is if the rulers are angry at you... 3 Assassins :shock:

Oh yeah, now that I'll be adding a settings page, if you can think of anything other settings you think would be helpful let me know. Some stuff would be really hard to make optional so there's no guarantees though. Thanks again for your feedback!

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Osorkon

Post by Osorkon »

yabay wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:36 am For me personally, no additional gameplay settings are needed. It's a little annoying to check and uncheck squares, move sliders in the already existing large number of DFU Advanced Settings and RPR, RPR:I and TO mod options.
Understandable, the game has a ton of settings already. If I do add settings, I'll keep "Bossfall Settings" to a minimum and only on things I think are absolutely necessary, and default core gameplay changes to OFF (so you don't have to mess around with extra settings unless you want to turn them ON).
Although I figured out the Shield. It needs to be re-cast only when the icon starts blinking after several hits before the end of the specified duration of the spell.
Ah, good to know. I haven't looked at Shield or spells in general in detail yet - I got wrapped up in improving previous Bossfall code efficiency and that took a while.
In Bossfall, it is very interesting to crawl through any dungeons and see if there is a boss there or not. It's very cool when, in some general unleveled Natural Cave, a character can meet a Vampire in the farthest block or Ancient Lich underwater.
I completely agree. In vanilla you always know if a dungeon is going to be easy, and I think a predictable game takes the challenge away. In Bossfall you never know what is hiding in the shadows :D

yabay

Post by yabay »

Osorkon

Post by Osorkon »

As always thanks for the heads up! I rarely visit twitch so I would never find these streams on my own.
Will the current savegame be compatible with the new version?
Yes, they should be. I've got some v1.2.1 saved games and I'll test those with v1.3 to make sure they work before I release anything.

Back to work!

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Osorkon

Post by Osorkon »

On my sweep of See Invisible yesterday I removed Imps, too. Now the only non-boss monster that sees Invisible are Daedra Seducers, like you mentioned - they're the toughest non-boss enemy so it makes sense they see Invisible. Orc Warlords no longer see Invisible either.

I still need to figure out how to make only Mages, Sorcerers, and Nightblades above level 19 see Invisible, but then your Invisibility list will be completely implemented. Good call on the humans - makes sense that powerful Mages and Sorcerers would see Invisible, and Nightblades focus on Illusion so that also makes sense.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Osorkon

Post by Osorkon »

I made Nymphs spawn outside in woodland areas very early on, and when I exited Privateer's Hold in the middle of winter with snow everywhere a Nymph spawned and I thought "wouldn't she get chilly?" So I decided that Nymphs prefer tropical climates!

And with Daedra Seducers - well, even though they're from Oblivion, I think they might get a little cold, too :mrgreen: