[MOD] Language Skills Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
daggerdude

Re: [MOD] Language Skills Overhaul

Post by daggerdude »

So i was playing with this, and it seems attacking a friendly leads to a game breaking weapon freeze - loading doesn't fix it, you must exit and restart application. playing this with ambidexterity mod currently, which seems to break this mod. This does not occur when you attack pacified enemies, only friendly ones.

my suggestion? make it so that you cannot damage a friendly monster - kind of a cheesy think to stab a friend in the back anyway, and in the heat of battle it's annoying to damage a friend by mistake, so perhaps an easy fix that could also be a feature.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

daggerdude wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:14 pm So i was playing with this, and it seems attacking a friendly leads to a game breaking weapon freeze - loading doesn't fix it, you must exit and restart application. playing this with ambidexterity mod currently, which seems to break this mod. This does not occur when you attack pacified enemies, only friendly ones.

my suggestion? make it so that you cannot damage a friendly monster - kind of a cheesy think to stab a friend in the back anyway, and in the heat of battle it's annoying to damage a friend by mistake, so perhaps an easy fix that could also be a feature.
Thanks for the report, I've not tried the ambidexterity mod, so I'll take a look when I can. Maybe adding a 'friendly fire' option in the mod settings would be a sensible fix for this.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

well for starters, it makes more sense roleplay wise, but also, it would be far easier than trying to make a compatibility patch or waiting on the author to look through his much more complicated code to troubleshoot.
Loving the mod BTW!

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

i think you should be able to kill friendlies. Roleplay wise it makes sense, my character grew up in the equivalent of mos eisley, hes not concerned with friends.

betrayal is another powerful tool

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Version 0.2:

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/257

- Friendly Fire: Option to prevent harming your party
- Rest At Inns Optional: Now possible to heal your party by resting anywhere
- Talk Mode Optional: Option to make it mandatory for the player to be in Talk Mode to talk to your party
- Recall Entire Party: Using teleport spells will now teleport the entire party
- Improved AI: Your party will no longer turn on you when you attack other pacified enemies (In Friendly Fire Mode)

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Such a game changing mod, great job

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

I agree, this is really a game changer, thanks Macadaynu for this wonderful mod!

Just a thing I noticed. It seems to me that if you are carrying a quest item with you, the "where is <quest item>" question is sometimes not right.

Let me give you a couple of examples.

I was in a quest in which a NPC joined me to find a talisman in a dungeon, for a reward in money. After pacifying an enemy, the available question was "where is the gold money?", while it should have been "where is the talisman?"
In another quest given by Archaelogists, I had to bring a ring to a NPC in a dungeon for identification. In this case the available question was "where is the ring?", while it should have been "where is <NPC name>?"

Not a critical thing of course, but just to let you know in case you would like to take a look

Thanks!

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

andromacus wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:22 pm I agree, this is really a game changer, thanks Macadaynu for this wonderful mod!

Just a thing I noticed. It seems to me that if you are carrying a quest item with you, the "where is <quest item>" question is sometimes not right.

Let me give you a couple of examples.

I was in a quest in which a NPC joined me to find a talisman in a dungeon, for a reward in money. After pacifying an enemy, the available question was "where is the gold money?", while it should have been "where is the talisman?"
In another quest given by Archaelogists, I had to bring a ring to a NPC in a dungeon for identification. In this case the available question was "where is the ring?", while it should have been "where is <NPC name>?"

Not a critical thing of course, but just to let you know in case you would like to take a look

Thanks!
Thanks for the report, I'll see if I can figure out the issue if I get chance.

Glad you're enjoying the mod :)

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

This may be outside the scope of this mod but

any interest in making daedric and orcish governed by personality? The idea is that they are capable of actually speaking rather than just 'communicating'

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:23 am This may be outside the scope of this mod but

any interest in making daedric and orcish governed by personality? The idea is that they are capable of actually speaking rather than just 'communicating'
The governing attribute does not do anything, so would not really matter.