[MOD] Language Skills Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
LifeInVelvet

Re: [MOD] Language Skills Overhaul

Post by LifeInVelvet »

Considering how this mod is actually possible, perhaps new skills could be made based around Conjuration and Necromancy? Would be nice to finally be able to play as a summoner or necromancer.

Anyway. This seems really neat for having a 'Cult of Personality' playstyle, making a charisma build viable, and useful.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

LifeInVelvet wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:36 pm Considering how this mod is actually possible, perhaps new skills could be made based around Conjuration and Necromancy? Would be nice to finally be able to play as a summoner or necromancer.
Definitely possible, they could fall under Mysticism,

Not got any free modding time for the forseeable though.

LifeInVelvet

Post by LifeInVelvet »

Macadaynu wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:21 pm Definitely possible, they could fall under Mysticism,

Not got any free modding time for the forseeable though.
I don't know about falling under mysticism, I'd say more skills would be better for daggerfall, for sculpting the character playstyle rather than bundling it in another skill.

And unfortunate to hear that.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I've finished a Necromancy Reanimate spell some time ago, just waiting for the next DFU release to drop before releasing it.
It will be included in a large composite mod along with the existing Create Atronach spell mod.

The Create Atronach spell has been fully completed as well and minions will now follow the caster about if desired.

LifeInVelvet

Post by LifeInVelvet »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:36 pm I've finished a Necromancy Reanimate spell some time ago, just waiting for the next DFU release to drop before releasing it.
It will be included in a large composite mod along with the existing Create Atronach spell mod.

The Create Atronach spell has been fully completed as well and minions will now follow the caster about if desired.
Oh wow, that's friggin' sweet!
Are they in their own set of unique magic skills though? In fact, is that even possible in daggerfall to add new skills and stuff like that? I forget if that's possible or not.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Both Reanimate/Create Atronach are in the Mysticism school.

At present I don't think it is possible to add new skills to the game.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

great stuff

did you include the decoy spell or is that not yours?

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Yeah, the Illusory Decoy Spell is in there too. along with a bunch of new stuff.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Would you be willing to add a mod setting to streamline this language mod?

In my upcoming mod I use a simplified 'speak to minion to toggle stay/follow behaviour' for minions created with the Create Atronach/Reanimate spells.

I'd like the option for something similar in this mod.

I'd prefer eliminating the menus and having 'organic' behavior.
...Occasionally followers might make appropriate remarks if the PC is standing close and looking at them.
...They may decide to stop following under certain condition.
...If there is loot laying on the ground, there might be a chance they pick it up.
etc...

It would also be nice to have a mod option to prevent followers from leaving the dungeon/area with you.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:03 pm Would you be willing to add a mod setting to streamline this language mod?

In my upcoming mod I use a simplified 'speak to minion to toggle stay/follow behaviour' for minions created with the Create Atronach/Reanimate spells.

I'd like the option for something similar in this mod.

I'd prefer eliminating the menus and having 'organic' behavior.
...Occasionally followers might make appropriate remarks if the PC is standing close and looking at them.
...They may decide to stop following under certain condition.
...If there is loot laying on the ground, there might be a chance they pick it up.
etc...

It would also be nice to have a mod option to prevent followers from leaving the dungeon/area with you.
I won't have time myself, but feel free to raise a Pull Request and I can consider merging your proposed change.

https://github.com/Macadaynu/dfunity-mo ... s-overhaul