[MOD] World of Daggerfall Project [version 0.2] [DFU 0.14.5+]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kab the Bird Ranger

Re: [MOD] World of Daggerfall Project [Test Release] [DFU 0.13.4+]

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

A few users are seeing "floating docks" when approaching coastal towns on foot. As far as we know, this issue only happens when you travel on foot/horse to a location, not when you fast travel or load a save there.

If you are witnessing this issue, could you share the list of mods you are using, as well as your DFU settings.ini? We're trying to figure out what causes this issue, so that I can reproduce it.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Fix for floating docks has been uploaded on Nexus, with Location Loader version 0.1.2

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Regnier wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:28 am Is there any ability to add, say, a dungeon-like environment to major cities, and some others, for underworld characters?

You go there and theres a tavern and pawn shop and a guild, something like that.

This could be a place for the thieves guild or dark brotherhood, or just a place the characters can make a home. There would be a discreet doorway on the outskirts of town and inside the city somewhere.

Basically adding a basement to cities.
This is possible by creating a basement to a buildings' interior like Cliffworms has done with his city walls mod. While all vanilla interiors don't go below ground level, there's no restrictions for overrides.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Broseidon

Post by Broseidon »

Hey there, I ran into a strange little glitch recently when I entered Castle Llugwych (story dungeon in Ykalon). I exited manually, and when I came outside World of Daggerfall was deactivated for the surrounding area. When I fast-travelled to another location it went back on, but just notifying you of the incident. Attached my player log :)
Attachments
Player.zip
(16.34 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
God of the Brocean

sayber1

Post by sayber1 »

Broseidon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:30 pm Hey there, I ran into a strange little glitch recently when I entered Castle Llugwych (story dungeon in Ykalon). I exited manually, and when I came outside World of Daggerfall was deactivated for the surrounding area. When I fast-travelled to another location it went back on, but just notifying you of the incident. Attached my player log :)
Have a simillar issue. Though, it doesn't seem to be limited to specific place. I have this problem occuring seemingly consistently every time I enter and then exit interiors. At least big rocks certainly dissapear, not sure about the other assets, but my guess they dissapear too.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Good to know, I never thought about testing this case. I'll look into it.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Yesterday, I dropped version 0.1.3. It features new dock variants for Hammerfell, as well as fixes for saves getting stuck while loading, and some mountains overlapping cities and roads.

I also just dropped 0.1.4, which fixes structures disappearing after transitioning in and out of indoors or a dungeon.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Some contributions I've been working on in the last few days : orc camps and border towers.

Border towers have been placed near roads (from Basic Roads) leading in and out of the Iliac Bay's regions. Some regions also have towers built along in the wilderness along their borders, such as Wayrest that has several along the Orsinium line.

Orc camps will be consist of small, medium and large camps. Medium and large camps will pose a great threat to most players as they house many varieties of orcs. For those brave enough, or sneaky enough, loot will be found in orc camps.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

I've come across a Bandit camp northeast of Grimley in Glenumbra Moors. After the Rogue were pacified or dead, I decided to spend the night on one of their bed and I found out that, with Roleplay & Realism installed, that is considered like sleeping on the ground. Is that meant or it need to be fixed?

Another issue, I reloaded my save in the camp and the Rogues were spawned again.

Kab the Bird Ranger

After the Rogue were pacified or dead [...] I reloaded my save in the camp and the Rogues were spawned again.
Can you send me the save that reproduces the issue? Gonna inspect it to see what's going on there. I hadn't considered the pacified case, and by design if you unload a camp with enemies left alive, they'll reset back to normal once you come back. But if your save was while you were near the camp, it should behave the same as when you made the save. Again, I can't tell without looking at your save file.

As for the bed issue, it's true that mods usually assume models are indoor, so they don't bother to check. I'll ask Hazelnut to see if he can add a check so you don't sleep on outdoor beds.