[MOD] World of Daggerfall Project [version 0.2] [DFU 0.14.5+]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: [MOD] World of Daggerfall Project [Test Release] [DFU 0.13.4+]

Post by Seferoth »

So found a bandit camp(i guess) which is a bit buggy...i think. There are levitating bushes, and statue which hovers above a fountain. It's somewhat easy to find if you use basic roads, take a western road from Upvale(Isle of Balfiera) towards Blackhead and it's on the right side of the road at some point. I am using interesting eroded terrain though so perhaps that is the issue. It's nothing gamebreaking or anything, but decided to report this anyway.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Seferoth wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:32 am So found a bandit camp(i guess) which is a bit buggy...i think. There are levitating bushes, and statue which hovers above a fountain. It's somewhat easy to find if you use basic roads, take a western road from Upvale(Isle of Balfiera) towards Blackhead and it's on the right side of the road at some point. I am using interesting eroded terrain though so perhaps that is the issue. It's nothing gamebreaking or anything, but decided to report this anyway.
Thanks for the report! Could you please post a screenshot? It will help me identify the buggy prefab.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

carademono wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:49 pm
Seferoth wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:32 am So found a bandit camp(i guess) which is a bit buggy...i think. There are levitating bushes, and statue which hovers above a fountain. It's somewhat easy to find if you use basic roads, take a western road from Upvale(Isle of Balfiera) towards Blackhead and it's on the right side of the road at some point. I am using interesting eroded terrain though so perhaps that is the issue. It's nothing gamebreaking or anything, but decided to report this anyway.
Thanks for the report! Could you please post a screenshot? It will help me identify the buggy prefab.
Sure, here are 3 screenshots. If you need more just let me know.
Attachments
Näyttökuva (161).jpg
Näyttökuva (161).jpg (342.19 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
Näyttökuva (160).jpg
Näyttökuva (160).jpg (395.38 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
Näyttökuva (159).jpg
Näyttökuva (159).jpg (368.64 KiB) Viewed 2273 times

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

World of Daggerfall is now available on Nexus

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Is there any ability to add, say, a dungeon-like environment to major cities, and some others, for underworld characters?

You go there and theres a tavern and pawn shop and a guild, something like that.

This could be a place for the thieves guild or dark brotherhood, or just a place the characters can make a home. There would be a discreet doorway on the outskirts of town and inside the city somewhere.

Basically adding a basement to cities.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Sort of. There's a limitation that you can only have one or zero dungeons per map pixel. If you tried to make a dungeon in Daggerfall City, it's already using Daggerfall Castle as a dungeon, so you can't put a different dungeon there.

If other mods wanted to create dungeons inside cities, they would conflict with this idea. So the mod authors would have to determine that level of risk for themselves.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:29 pm Sort of. There's a limitation that you can only have one or zero dungeons per map pixel. If you tried to make a dungeon in Daggerfall City, it's already using Daggerfall Castle as a dungeon, so you can't put a different dungeon there.

If other mods wanted to create dungeons inside cities, they would conflict with this idea. So the mod authors would have to determine that level of risk for themselves.
Let me offer a quick correction to this, Jay. World of Daggerfall does not use Daggerfall world data, and WoD "instances," as we call them, are not Daggerfall locations. As such, there are no technical limitations to adding unlimited new dungeons in any map pixel. However, we don't have working doors yet or talking NPCs in our instances. Those are the next two features we're looking to add, and they should open the doors (literally) to building interiors, mini-dungeons, and so forth.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

carademono wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:11 pm However, we don't have working doors yet or talking NPCs in our instances. Those are the next two features we're looking to add, and they should open the doors (literally) to building interiors, mini-dungeons, and so forth.
There was one user on the forum, Yagisa if I remember correctly, who added a couple of dungeons to cities using the World Data system but you're right that anything added with this mod wouldn't interfere with that.

I'm curious, how do you and Kab plan to handle the doors and interiors? Since this mod works more directly with Unity than it does with Daggerfall's inner workings you could do some pretty crazy stuff.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Kab the Bird Ranger

I'm curious, how do you and Kab plan to handle the doors and interiors?
Still under investigation. I'm personally in favor of having both of them "outside", with no loading / teleportation between the two, but I haven't tried out any solution yet. Could be our "0.2" feature

Kab the Bird Ranger

I have noticed that on fresh DFU setups, the recommended terrain mods (ie: Interesting Eroded Terrain with Distant Terrain) create seams between chunks of terrain.

I have added a troubleshooting section on Nexus for this issue. If this happens to you, let me share it here:
Open your Daggerfall Unity "settings.ini". On Windows, it should be in the follow folder:

%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity

Go to the key "TerrainHeightmapPixelError", under the [Experimental] section. Ensure the value is set to 1 (DFU sets it to 5 by default).