[MOD] World of Daggerfall Project [version 0.2] [DFU 0.14.5+]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Arneb

Re: [MOD] World of Daggerfall Project [Test Release] [DFU 0.13.4+]

Post by Arneb »

I'm afraid I don't have that save anymore. I didn't think of keeping it, my bad. I can only add that the save I reloaded was before sleeping on the bed, and in the camp 2 rogues were left, both pacified and one of those in my party (as per Language Overhaul mod). After reloading, the one pacified was hostile again, the one in my party was still in my party, and there were 3 more rogues (I guess those were the ones previously dead) alive and kicking. I hope this helps.

Whatever this issue will be addressed or not, thanks for this great mod and keep up the astounding work!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello everyone. I've been having fun continuing the prefabs for World of Daggerfall. The Orc camps are almost finished. I've made 3 small (3-4 Orcs), 3 medium (5-7 Orcs) and 1 large camp (9-12 Orcs). I have two more large camps to make and they'll be ready to be placed in regions where orc strongholds dungeons are present (mostly in the Wrothgarian Mountains and around Orsinium/Wayrest/Menevia).

I've also made banner posts that will be placed along the main roads in desert regions. These are used to help travelers find the main roads, should they be lost in the desert. They also help identify to who belong the road they're placed on, with the regional banner being hanged from the post. For the moment, coloured banners are used in all desert regions except Sentinel. Once Ninelan finishes and releases her beautiful regional banners, we'll be able to use these instead.

Sordid

Post by Sordid »

This is an excellent mod that I'm having a lot of fun with. Thank you very much for making it! Unfortunately I'm having some frustration as well, so if you're open to feedback, here's some: Those giant rocks scattered around should be shaped in such a way that you don't get caught on them when zooming across the countryside using Travel Options; not a lot of time to react and avoid at 50x speed, y'know?

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

For some reason my game glitched and i was able to see under the landscape.

I noticed the rocks are huge, and the one i was near had 80% of it underground. I just wonder if loading that in effects performance?

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

I've just uploaded a new build for DFU 0.13.5, again. This time, I fixed an issue which caused bandit forts to not spawn properly. If you've never found one before, now's your chance.
Regnier wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:37 am For some reason my game glitched and i was able to see under the landscape.

I noticed the rocks are huge, and the one i was near had 80% of it underground. I just wonder if loading that in effects performance?
I've had users tell me that Distant Terrain is causing issues in 0.13.5, so if you're "seeing under the landscape" through square holes in the terrain, consider disabling DT.

As for the size of the rocks, I'm not sure the cost is that high. All WoD objects are only constructed once, and copies are only clones of a "prefab" object. When the area under the surface of the rock is not visible, the Unity engine should be able to optimize it away, I hope.
We've gone with "iceberg" rocks to make sure they still work with custom terrain mods, which can put a steep hill right where the rock is located.

thenewflesh33

Post by thenewflesh33 »

Having some trouble with this mod. I love it but, a lot of the times when I load the game, I just get a black screen. The area and hud is loaded up, but it;s just a black screen. Don't know if this is something known or if it's conflicting with one of my mods. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

SIX10

Post by SIX10 »

thenewflesh33 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:59 am Having some trouble with this mod. I love it but, a lot of the times when I load the game, I just get a black screen. The area and hud is loaded up, but it;s just a black screen. Don't know if this is something known or if it's conflicting with one of my mods. Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Me as well. Going back to 1.6 seems to fix this.

Kab the Bird Ranger

SIX10 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:01 pm
thenewflesh33 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:59 am Having some trouble with this mod. I love it but, a lot of the times when I load the game, I just get a black screen. The area and hud is loaded up, but it;s just a black screen. Don't know if this is something known or if it's conflicting with one of my mods. Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Me as well. Going back to 1.6 seems to fix this.
Issues with a black screen are usually related to the save file. You'll have to upload your save folder.

It can be found in "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity"

Kab the Bird Ranger

If that wasn't clear, World of Daggerfall 0.2 is out! Changelist on Nexus.

Most people don't have a black screen issue, but if you do, do send me your save

New video trailer:

Silence

Re: [MOD] World of Daggerfall Project [version 0.2] [DFU 0.13.5+]

Post by Silence »

Hi!

First: great initiative. I'm looking forward to trying this mod.

Second, just in case this happens to someone else: version 2.0 apparently doesn't play well with Daggerfall Unity 0.13.2b. I initially tried that combination and found I couldn't interact with objects (with the center screen hair cross, hitting spacebar, etc): I can't open doors or talk to people around. It also seems to remove mobile NPCs that were around.

Tried this with a new save, and with all other modules (save for Location Loader and Expanded Textures) turned off, with the same result.

I downloaded version 1.4 from Nexus and that one seems to work as intended.

Finally I realized there was a new Daggerfall Unity version, and with 0.13.5 it does work.
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth