Power Struggle

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
John Doom

Re: Power Struggle

Post by John Doom »

:) Version 0.2 released, makes the hunted faction event happen half the time.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hi John Doom,

and Happy New Year to you!
Thanks a lot for this wonderful mod.

Just one question: I noticed that since I installed it I ALWAYS get assaulted by two thieves (always a man and a woman) every time I enter a new city. Is that an expected behavior of this mod, or is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks a lot!

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

Must be the high crime wave in your region. If you find it annoying, I can make it happen less frequently, just ask :)

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hi John,

well, I don't want to ask you to change your mod just to meet my personal preferences! :)

But if you want to consider some personal suggestions (not sure if these are feasible or not), I think a slight improvement could be the following:

1. Having the thieves spawning inside the city after some time you are walking in the streets, and not having them always waiting for you at the gates
2. Having more variety in the number of criminals assaulting you: not always the same two guys, but sometimes could be one alone, sometimes two, or three...or maybe even a gang of five or six
3. Would be nice to having city guards supporting you if they are around, as it happens with the ones fighting rats during the plagues. Yesterday I was fighting the "usual two" thieves and there was a city guard walking few meters, not caring at all about what was happening. That looked quite odd! :D

Again, thanks a lot for this great mod!

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

:) It is done: the new update meets all your suggestions (except delaying their spawning, that would require more time than a quick fix :roll: ).

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Wow, that was super-fast, thanks a lot! :D

I'll see how it goes, so far I haven't encountered any thug in town yet, but no doubt that this will be a nice improvement

Thanks again!

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

Very Nice mod, quite curious, what decides what faction fights who? in daggerfall on my current save Anticlere has been attacking the cities, Is it the background faction simulation that decides it? or is it set to Anticlere will always be fighting them

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

The Holy Knight wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:34 am Very Nice mod, quite curious, what decides what faction fights who? in daggerfall on my current save Anticlere has been attacking the cities, Is it the background faction simulation that decides it? or is it set to Anticlere will always be fighting them
It's in vanilla's simulation, though it doesn't specify which cities will get attacked (that's on my part) :)

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

Ah okay, weird question but is there a better way you could add something where we can see a list of whos at war with who in the area you are in currently?

Also everytime i tried altering the factiondata to get two factions to fight it never works :)

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

There appears to be a minor conflict between this mod and Villager Reactions. Fortunately, it also appears that this conflict can be resolved by changing the load order. Both mods appear to work correctly if Villager Reactions is loaded before Power Struggle.