[Mod Request] Quantized movement and rotation

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Sabudum

[Mod Request] Quantized movement and rotation

Post by Sabudum »

Hello, one thing that Daggerfall Unity has improved over the original, is the movement and mouse look, it is very very smooth.
The thing is, I miss the old clunky movement.

So, I would like to know if it would be possible to quantize the movement and mouse look to a configurable standard.

It would be done in-between Input Information gathering and applying the movement.

So, there would be necessary to store the "real" player position and rotation in a global variable, this value is the actual current 32-bit 3D Vectors that store the player position and rotation.

And the Input would set these values instead of the actual character position and rotation.

But, before applying those values to the actual player character whenever they change, they would be quantized by multiplying by some scalar, rounding the result, and dividing by the same scalar.

The scalar that would be used must be configurable under the mod's configuration, but the default value could be 65536, for a 16-bit feel.

I am a game developer and I would do this myself, but, I have no free time to do it, and I just don't like using Unity.

So if anyone is willing to do it, I could lend a hand or something.

Thank you very much for you attention.