more haggling options

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Regnier

more haggling options

Post by Regnier »

is it possible to add options to various transactional windows to allow you to negotiate multiple terms?

Some requests can be a dungeon dive for 100 gold reward. Most players are likely to refuse something like that, but many would rather ask for a higher reward because of danger or distance, or offer to do it asap for a higher reward.

Maybe items could be haggled for along with gold?

Could charm spells have some effect on NPCs?

daggerdude

Re: more haggling options

Post by daggerdude »

Arena had a barter window where you could negotiate items by countering with your own price. Theoretically, a new dialogue window with the counter option could be added to every price and allow you to type in an offer, check your merchantile skill and personality, and come back with counters.
I think it's very doable considering what others have changed in the game.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Regnier wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:09 am is it possible to add options to various transactional windows to allow you to negotiate multiple terms?

Some requests can be a dungeon dive for 100 gold reward. Most players are likely to refuse something like that, but many would rather ask for a higher reward because of danger or distance, or offer to do it asap for a higher reward.

Maybe items could be haggled for along with gold?

Could charm spells have some effect on NPCs?
The dungeon dives are quests, those would have to be rewritten or new quests need to be made. A quest can give multiple rewards so that won't be a problem. You just need to be presented with the option to haggle before accepting. Custom buttons are also a thing, Hazelnut found a way to 'abuse' the existing system so this can probably already be done.

The trade window for shops can be customized although it might cause a conflict with those sorting / filter mods, I don't know.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

daggerdude wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:15 pm Arena had a barter window
oh ya, forgot about that, i always used that thing, you could knock the price down quite a bit. and you could also get a price for how long the repair would take, higher cost for shorter time. Thats a great system to bring back.
BadLuckBurt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:35 pm
The trade window for shops can be customized
it would be cool to get something implemented,
you could barter with fences about how dangerous it was to get the item.