3D Enemies

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
westingtyler

Re: 3D Enemies

Post by westingtyler »

Hey, I'm not sure if you guys are speaking to me or John Doom. His project is excellent! I'll respond as if you guys are asking me these questions. Regarding my NPC project, it has not come to a halt for sure. Ninelan seems to really have a handle on the NPC character 3D project, with lots of great screenshots of her work on the Discord. Considering how dedicated she seems to be to getting that done, and how far along she seems to be, I've shifted my focus to other more direly needed areas, such as 3D enemies (and I have a blend file prepped to model and texture all the player-held weapons as well, and if someone tells me they know how to implement them, I'll get that one done pretty quickly). I haven't modeled weapons yet, but I have done a couple of enemies. As a matter of fact, here are two I've made so far:
sk2 dfu sk2.PNG
sk2 dfu sk2.PNG (417.82 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
dfu spider black 3.PNG
dfu spider black 3.PNG (652.76 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
each enemy is ideally under 5,000 triangles, and they are rigged with automatic weights, which could be touched up later. If people give me more exact specs needed, I can be sure to adhere to them. These textures are very slapped together and can always be refined by me or others later on.

I've been trying to do the difficult non-human base mesh ones first, but i fully plan on making all the enemies. At my current skill level, I am happy to say it is not impossible. it takes about 4 hours to model each one, and about 2 more to texture it, and maybe 1 to rig each one.

In case there is any confusion, I should make it clear I am not John Doom; I just wanted to help with his project of 3D Enemies, though it doesn't seem to be very active right now. So I don't clutter up John Doom's thread, I just started my own thread in Creator's Corner about the 3D enemies. viewtopic.php?t=5560

As far as whether these things i've made use ragdoll stuff. I'm happy to add that if it's easy, but I think that would happen inside Unity, but I don't know much about adding that tech.

TheServerSupreme

Post by TheServerSupreme »

Any news on these projects? Was trying the 3d enemies mod and was very impressed, although I didn't come across any 3d werewolves or wereboars shown on the original post. Hoping there might be an update in the future about if anyone is still working on 3d models for daggerfall.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

TheServerSupreme wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:22 pm Any news on these projects? Was trying the 3d enemies mod and was very impressed, although I didn't come across any 3d werewolves or wereboars shown on the original post. Hoping there might be an update in the future about if anyone is still working on 3d models for daggerfall.
The creator that made many of the 3D models such as the werewolves and wereboars requested their models be removed from this mod specifically. I would not expect this mod to be updated as last I heard the author basically retired from modding for various reasons.

TheServerSupreme

Post by TheServerSupreme »

Magicono43 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:32 pm
TheServerSupreme wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:22 pm Any news on these projects? Was trying the 3d enemies mod and was very impressed, although I didn't come across any 3d werewolves or wereboars shown on the original post. Hoping there might be an update in the future about if anyone is still working on 3d models for daggerfall.
The creator that made many of the 3D models such as the werewolves and wereboars requested their models be removed from this mod specifically. I would not expect this mod to be updated as last I heard the author basically retired from modding for various reasons.
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunate news I suppose. I know that others are working on different 3d models to replace many of the flats. I was looking through the forums trying to find out who is still actively working on these projects and maybe try to find a way to get some support sent there way by making some YouTube videos showing off some of their progress and telling people how they can support these wonderful creators and help bring these projects to fruition.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Yeah, especially when it comes to the 3D modeling stuff, alot of people come and go from what I've observed over the past few years atleast, lol. But no matter the case, I'm sure most creators appreciate any kind admiration of their work and such.