[Mod] Jewelry Additions

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

[Mod] Jewelry Additions

Post by Magicono43 »

Jewelry Additions

Adds Various New Pieces Of Gems, Jewelry, and Accessories To Daggerfall. New items can be bought from and sold to Gem/Jewelry Shops, Pawn Shops, and Alchemists for the gems. Can also be dropped in certain dungeon types, by certain enemies, as well as found in "private property" containers. 8 different jewelry types added with nearly 120 variants.

Download

WHAT DOES THIS MOD CHANGE AND WHY?:
  • I always found the selection of items in Daggerfall to be surprisingly small for just how big the entire scope of the game was and how many different shop types are in the game. I also feel there was a great lacking of variety for the accessory slot equipment items, even though you get two of each! The gem/jewelry stores served very little purpose for the most part due to this lack of jewelry items to select from for both buyers and sellers alike, basically a wasted shop type when you found them. On top of all this, there are very few high value and low weight items in the game outside of daedric weapons/armor and holy relics/holy daggers. So I felt like having more items that you could look for in loot without over-encumbering yourself and be able to make a decent profit when going back to town was an overall good idea, so I made this mod for all the above issues I found in the vanilla game.
  • 8 Different types of jewelry items have been added in this mod, with nearly 120 variants across the board for a different jewelry items with different material types and gem-stones.
  • 8 brand new gemstone types. 24 variants of rings, 12 silver, 12 gold. 12 variants of pendant based on the gemstone. 11 variants of earrings based on the gemstone. 11 variants of bracelets based on the gemstone encrusted. 2 types of armlets with 11 variants each based on the gemstone. 4 variants of crown, 2 silver, 2 gold. 24 variants of tiara, 12 silver, 12 gold. All variants having different attributes depending on the gemstone and material used.
  • WEARABLE jewelry that appears on the paper-doll. The current ones being the crowns and tiaras, which take up the helmet/head slot on the paper-doll.
  • Each new type of jewelry is equipped onto a different accessory slot, here is the list: Gems = Crystal slot. Ring = Ring slot. Pendant = Amulet slot. Earring = Mark slot. Bracelet = Bracelet slot. Armlet = Bracer slot. Crown & Tiara = Head/Helmet slot.
  • All added jewelry items can be bought and sold in Gem/Jewelry Shops, Pawn Shops, and Alchemist Shops (for gems.)
  • All added jewelry items can also be found in certain dungeon types in the various loot piles in said dungeon. From the corpses of certain enemies that it made sense might wear/carry these sorts of accessory items (either to wear or have stolen.) As well as inside the "private property" that can be found in many interiors such as houses, stores, palaces, etc.
  • Some of the vanilla jewelry items and gems were also changed in their attributes to make them mesh better with this mod, so their weights, values, enchantment capacity, durability, etc, have been altered somewhat for better balance with this mod.
  • ATTENTION: In version 13.4 of DFU, due to a modding limitation that will be resolved in later versions of DFU, Crowns and Tiaras will be considered armor items so they can properly be rendered on the paper-doll. This means you can only sell crowns/tiaras to shops that will normally buy armor items, but you can still buy them from places that normally sell jewelry however. This being classified as armor also causes some weird name display in the inventory such as "Silver Silver Crown". While strange, this will eventually be resolved in a later update. Resolved as of v1.01 for DFU v0.13.5

SPOILERS/MORE DETAILS/INDIVIDUAL MODULE INFO:
  • If you wish to quickly test the mod in-game, or just want a piece of jewelry quickly. You can use the custom console command "ja_jewelry" to spawn one of each of the items added in the mod with a random variant applied to each.
  • If you want EXACT numbers and information on how some mechanics and formula work in this mod, under the hood. You can look at the source code yourself from the GitHub linked lower down. You can also email/post a thread on the parent forum post linked below and I would be happy to answer any questions.

OPTIONS:
Currently no options available to change.

Feel free to leave any suggestions and such, I'm very open to anything, and hopefully you find this addition enjoyable or enhances your Daggerfall Unity experience in some way.

Github Source Code: Github

Possible Future Feature Ideas & Concepts To Be Added:
- WIP

-Edit 1: Released v1.01, for DFU v0.13.5, Fixes previous version limitation of Tiaras and Crowns being considered armor type items. Now they are properly considered jewelry and still render on the paper-doll as expected.

Special Thanks:

Hazelnut: For having essential examples on how to add items through the custom item additions system from his "Roleplay Realism: Items" mod.

Ralzar: For having extremely useful examples for adding custom items to inventories, as well as item variants from his "Skill Books" and "Thief Overhaul" mods.

Ninelan: For helping frequently to make the jewelry textures look alot nicer, with better shading methods that I used very often after the fact.

BadLuckBurt: For helping me find a workable temporary solution so that tiara and crown items will properly show up on the paper-doll.

Pango: For assistance in making a mathematical method that I used very often in this mod for the custom loot generation system.

RealAKP: For the swaggy staff used in the thumbnail image, from his mod "Diverse Weapons".
Last edited by Magicono43 on Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Jewelry Additions

Post by Magicono43 »

Jewelry-Additions_Thumbnail-Image_1.png
Jewelry-Additions_Thumbnail-Image_1.png (539.04 KiB) Viewed 3504 times

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

2022_01_08_20_02_12.jpg
2022_01_08_20_02_12.jpg (222.05 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
2021_12_28_18_33_29.jpg
2021_12_28_18_33_29.jpg (188.44 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
2022_01_07_00_45_19.jpg
2022_01_07_00_45_19.jpg (187.52 KiB) Viewed 3503 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Looking forward to when you can render them all on the paperdoll, though the alignments will cause you pain I suspect. Look more at my RR Items mod for exactly what different placements for each race/gender are actually required. Heads need more variations IIRC. Do reach out if you need some guidance, though no promises for response speed.

Thanks for the shoutout! (tho you missed out that I created the whole custom item system in the first place :lol:)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:31 pm Looking forward to when you can render them all on the paperdoll, though the alignments will cause you pain I suspect. Look more at my RR Items mod for exactly what different placements for each race/gender are actually required. Heads need more variations IIRC. Do reach out if you need some guidance, though no promises for response speed.

Thanks for the shoutout! (tho you missed out that I created the whole custom item system in the first place :lol:)
Sorry, figured the you making the custom item code was a given at this point, lol.

On the other items being rendered on the paper-doll, I'd like that as well, but probably won't touch that with a 20-yard pole until more feature additions are opened up again, because doing the rendering for just the head-slot items was insanely tedious, even though it was mostly just copy pasting the same values around and renaming files. Would also have the issue of possibly having the item icons have a different graphic than what the item looks like rendered on the paper-doll, and the various head-aches involving that, lol.

But eventually I (or maybe somebody else, who knows) will give that a shot, but for right now just the tiara and crown actually show up on the paper-doll, the rest just take their respective slot in the accessory tab, which I think is about what can be expected from jewelry items at the moment. Rings on the fingers and Necklaces over the neck will probably be a thing, but will take some time and effort, lol.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

ooooo more swag!
two things: is there a chance these can be found with an enchantment, and are they enchantable?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

daggerdude wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:41 am ooooo more swag!
two things: is there a chance these can be found with an enchantment, and are they enchantable?
You can enchant them, but I don't think they can be found already enchanted (yet), have not added/figured out that functionality yet.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released version 1.01 for DFU v0.13.5, Fixes previous version limitation of Tiaras and Crowns being considered armor type items. Now they are properly considered jewelry and still render on the paper-doll as expected.
No Longer Considered Armor 1
No Longer Considered Armor 1
2022_03_31_22_11_34.jpg (179.49 KiB) Viewed 3049 times

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released version 1.02 for DFU v0.13.5, Fixed Mod Dependency Check That Was Unintentionally Included Originally. Also while was at it, changed the odds of jewelry dropping from certain enemies slightly so they are slightly less common.