Skyboxer

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
John Doom

Skyboxer

Post by John Doom »

Turns vanilla's skybox into a proper one.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/277/

Last edited by John Doom on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carademono

Re: Skyboxer

Post by carademono »

Outstanding work, John! I just wanted to add that this mod works perfectly with the vanilla sky textures and very well with the Vanilla Enhanced skies. There's only one remaining issue with the Vanilla Enhanced skies: the nighttime skies are somewhat distorted. We'll get that fixed pretty soon.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Looks great however i am having a bit of difficulties with the mod. Skies directly above the character are distorted and my framerate outdoors have plummeted severely. Especially when the skybox is changing from day to evening or evening to night the game completely freezes for quite sometime, and waiting/loitering takes a long time now.

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

:| Skyboxer edits skies on the fly, a very cpu-sentisive task, that's because it uses multi-threading, which helps avoiding lag. This however doesn't seem to work for you, maybe you don't have free cores to use, I don't know. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a better solution yet. Me and carademono are thinking about loading dumped textures to improve performance. This would work perfectly for his skies, but I'm still not sure about vanilla ones, I'm not sure if it's worth... the weight :lol:
Are you using vanilla's or carademono's skies?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

John Doom wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:08 pm :| Skyboxer edits skies on the fly, a very cpu-sentisive task, that's because it uses multi-threading, which helps avoiding lag. This however doesn't seem to work for you, maybe you don't have free cores to use, I don't know. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a better solution yet. Me and carademono are thinking about loading dumped textures to improve performance. This would work perfectly for his skies, but I'm still not sure about vanilla ones, I'm not sure if it's worth... the weight :lol:
Are you using vanilla's or carademono's skies?
It works better with vanilla skies, it seems the horrible framerate problems arises when using Skyboxer with Carademono's skies.

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

Seferoth wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:16 pmIt works better with vanilla skies, it seems the horrible framerate problems arises when using Skyboxer with Carademono's skies.
Try the new update, I've slightly changed multi-threading, may work better. By the way, could you tell me what processor are you using?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

John Doom wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:21 pm
Seferoth wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:16 pmIt works better with vanilla skies, it seems the horrible framerate problems arises when using Skyboxer with Carademono's skies.
Try the new update, I've slightly changed multi-threading, may work better. By the way, could you tell me what processor are you using?
Intel i7-3770k

carademono

Post by carademono »

Properly cube mapped Vanilla Enhanced Skies are on their way :)

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I'm getting the vanilla motion sickness with the skies still with this mod enabled, FOV at 85 and Vanilla Enhanced skies enabled. Apparently this mod only works with FOV set to 60 or lower?

carademono

Post by carademono »

emmathepony wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:16 am I'm getting the vanilla motion sickness with the skies still with this mod enabled, FOV at 85 and Vanilla Enhanced skies enabled. Apparently this mod only works with FOV set to 60 or lower?
This is true, unfortunately, and I lack the technical knowledge to diagnose the issue. When John Doom gets a chance, I hope he can look into it.