Falling into the Void while reentering in a bank (0.13.4) [LIKELY RESOLVED 0.13.5]

pango

Falling into the Void while reentering in a bank (0.13.4) [LIKELY RESOLVED 0.13.5]

Post by pango »

Seem in a rrrumex stream, she entered a bank in Daggerfall city, but because she was too encumbered left the building (not knowing she didn't have to) to put stuff in her wagon, turned around, returned into the building and fell thru the floor:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticScrump ... X4AMYA-b1A (clip)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1297367984?t=1h23m25s (original stream, but may not last forever. She also reuploads to Youtube, but the stream doesn't seem to have made it there yet)
She then reloaded from not long ago, reentered the bank and everything worked as expected.
That's the west bank of the two side-by-side banks near the end of the Daggerfall main street, just in case I went there I couldn't reproduce the issue.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Falling into the Void while reentering in a bank (0.13.4)

Post by Interkarma »

I've spent some time trying to reproduce this one and have been unable to. It's likely related to a physics glitch we've encountered in the past where mesh colliders would intermittently not collide with player controller.

My workaround in older releases was to add a Rigidbody to player object (a hacky fix I found on web for this same problem). This seemed to work and stopped any future reports of this for some time. I then removed Rigidbody again thinking the problem might have been resolved in current versions of Unity.

No such luck, as we then started receiving more reports such as this one, so I added the Rigidbody back from 0.13.5. In theory, this shouldn't happen from 0.13.5 onwards. I used to experience this one a lot myself as I spend a lot of time moving through game world in testing, and have not experienced since 0.13.5.

I'll close this one out now. If we can reproduce in 0.13.5 and later, I'll take another look.