Music not working but sounds are functional.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Birko

Music not working but sounds are functional.

Post by Birko »

As the title suggests the music (all of them) seem to be non functioning. But sounds (swinging,running,ambient sounds) are working perfectly fine. For some reason only the launch menu and starting dungeon music works, no other music is playing.

I double checked the game files and everything looks correct.

Daggerfall Unity Version: Beta 0.13.4

Mods:
- D.R.E.AM

System information:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
- Ram: 16GB

Thank you :)

pango

Re: Music not working but sounds are functional.

Post by pango »

Does disabling DREAM Music module change anything?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Please excuse me for potentially being That Guy as well, but have you also checked to make sure your volume in the men is turned up I've had this happen to me _way_ too many times lol

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There was also a report recently that .ogg music files don't play if game is installed to a path containing special characters - e.g. + { } etc. This is a limitation of Unity runtime, not DFU itself.

Not sure if that's the case here, but please check you've setup to a normal path. The recommended method uses the following paths, for example.
  • DaggerfallGameFiles unzipped to: C:\Games\Daggerfall
  • Daggerfall Unity unzipped to: C:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\0.13.5 (match version downloaded)
If all else fails, please zip up your player.log file (how to locate) and attach to a reply here.