Problem with road textures override

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Arneb

Problem with road textures override

Post by Arneb »

I'm pretty sure the solution to my problem is really simple, but I'm not savvy enough to solve it.

Anyway, I'm playing on Linux and I have "Basic Roads" mod enabled and working, but if I put dirty tracks textures in the Textures folder, those appear as blank textures. Same with textures from "Masked Roads". Other textures in the folder seem to work fine.

Many thanks to whoever will help me find what the problem is.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-02-28 17-34-52.png
Screenshot from 2022-02-28 17-34-52.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1066 times

Jay_H

Re: Problem with road textures override

Post by Jay_H »

The Help forum is generally for unmodded DFU. I'll move this to Modder Discussion for you :)

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Thanks, and sorry for my mistake.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

World of Daggerfall is not compatible with loose texture files yet unfortunately.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Obviously, while searching for incompatibilities, I enabled/disabled almost every mod BUT World of Daggerfall.

Well, thanks for pointing that out, I guess for the time being the standard road textures will do fine.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Arneb wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:09 am Well, thanks for pointing that out, I guess for the time being the standard road textures will do fine.
Yeah I am stuck with the same problem, so I am hoping this gets resolved soon. Allthough one solution would probably be to just make a dfmod file of the loose files as that apparently works.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:12 am
Yeah I am stuck with the same problem, so I am hoping this gets resolved soon. Allthough one solution would probably be to just make a dfmod file of the loose files as that apparently works.
Man, I really have to invest some time learning how to mod DFU, there’s too many things I want to add to the game to wait for others to do it :\