PC Description: Ideas

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
LifeInVelvet

PC Description: Ideas

Post by LifeInVelvet »

Starting a new thread since the last one I made ended up getting derailed by making an alternative to the standard character portrait/doll stuff. Since I'm new to the modding scene and only recently starting doing some stuff by way of packing .XMLs in .DFMODS.
I just wanted to further expand the idea of PC description:
-Being able to fill out a sheet that describes the physical appearance of the character in a tab or something. For example:
{Character name} is an {Sex} {Race} of {Height} in height. They have {Hair Type}, {Hair Color} hair, {Adjective}{Eye Color} eyes, and a {Skin Color} complexion.[/color]

But of course with far more text and variables of text to describe the PC in a meaningful and specific way. Like:

Gloria is a Female Nord standing at a height of 82in. with an unusually masculine appearance. Often being mistook for a man on occasion. Her skin is of a pale complexion. She has long flowing, straight blonde hair that reaches the mid of her back. She has a set of fierce blue eyes. Her body is strongly defined by toned muscles and a six pack and littered with battle scars.

Then this of course could play a role in dialogue, even conversations if the game gets modded to have more interaction with NPCs apart from using them as a 'point me where to go' people. Or just quest givers. Perhaps some friend NPCs could be added to have connections/interactions with? And other relationships and such. Though this is a whole different discussion.
Also I wouldn't mind writing up descriptions and such for it.
Also, I have no idea if something like this is in the works already or something. Still new to these forums so haven't found anything like it yet.

LifeInVelvet

Re: PC Description: Ideas

Post by LifeInVelvet »

Some more ideas I had down, assuming this thing is at all possible. It would be nice if it was, since it'd be the foundation of a lot of possible mods to further immerse the player as their character.

{Muscle Tone}:
Smooth: 0<25, Lean: 25<50, Defined: 50<75, Chiseled: 75-100.
{Gender Appearance}:
Hyper Masculine: 0<10, Masculine: 10<20, Manly: 20<30, Boyish: 30<40, Androgynous: 40-60, Girly: 60<70, Womanly: 70<80, Feminine: 80<90, Hyper Feminine: 90-100.
{Height:}
Halfling: 0<10, Midget: 10<20, Very Short: 20<30, Short: 30<40, Average: 40-60, Tall: 60<70, Very Tall: 70<80, Massive: 80<90 Giant: 90-100.

{General Appearance}:
Tough, Cute, Beautiful, Ugly, Mean, Plain.

{Skin Tone}:
Gray, Pale, Ebony, Brown, Golden, ETC.
{Hair Color}:
Blonde, Brown, Black, Orange, ETC.
{Hair Type:}
Wavy, Straight, Curly.
&
{Hair Length:}
Short, Long, Bald, Extra Long.
{Eye Color}:
Green, Brown, Blue, Red, ETC.

And other things along these lines.

Would be cool to have alchemy components that effect and change certain things too.