0.13.4 - Portrait/billboard mismatch [RESOLVED 0.14.0]

DunnyOfPenwick

0.13.4 - Portrait/billboard mismatch [RESOLVED 0.14.0]

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

This is an original Daggerfall bug, not a DFU issue. One of the existing mods might already fix this, but I'll bring it up anyway. I think this sort of bug should be corrected in the base, like many other daggerfall bugs, or at least have an option to do so.

There is a cowled woman in Scourg Barrow next to the King Of Worms that shows a man's portrait when speaking to them.

The problem is in the FLATS.CFG file line 209. The face index given is 360. I suspect it should probably be 369.

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.4 - Portrait/billboard mismatch

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, we can fix this in core. DFU includes FLATS.CFG so that we can correct small issues like these as they come up.

A few of the text data files (FACTION.TXT, FLATS.CFG, BIOG files) were so problematic that we ended up just bundling them for continuous improvement. Being text files, they're easy to maintain and version on git.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, I used to report these, some were fixed, some were abandoned so I stopped. It was a long ago. If there is initiative to fix these issues, I might report them here. Most offending ones are in the main castles (sentinel, daggerfall, wayrest)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've changed to face 369 now. This will be patched in 0.14.0.
King of Worms wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:51 am Hi, I used to report these, some were fixed, some were abandoned so I stopped. It was a long ago. If there is initiative to fix these issues, I might report them here. Most offending ones are in the main castles (sentinel, daggerfall, wayrest)
Hey KoW, happy for you to report more of these when you come across them. If possible, please attach a save so I can go direct to problem NPC and fix. Cheers. :)