Enemy skill levels

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
DunnyOfPenwick

Enemy skill levels

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I'm working on mods that use contested skill checks.
The enemy skills appear to be purely level based, not much variety in enemy capability in that regard.
Furthermore, the skills just seem to be too high on average, base plus 5 points per level.

I try to make a few adjustments in my mods for this, but it is still a problem.

I know of at least one mod (meaner monsters) that makes adjustments to enemy scores. I don't know if this or any mods adjust skills though. It would be nice if the skills were more reflective of enemy capabilities.

Magicono43

Re: Enemy skill levels

Post by Magicono43 »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:50 pm I'm working on mods that use contested skill checks.
The enemy skills appear to be purely level based, not much variety in enemy capability in that regard.
Furthermore, the skills just seem to be too high on average, base plus 5 points per level.

I try to make a few adjustments in my mods for this, but it is still a problem.

I know of at least one mod (meaner monsters) that makes adjustments to enemy scores. I don't know if this or any mods adjust skills though. It would be nice if the skills were more reflective of enemy capabilities.
Nope, Meaner Monsters does not change the pre-existing formula for the enemy skills, nor does it change their attributes. I had considered doing this in Physical Combat Overhaul, but at the time found it not very easy currently the attributes at least for enemies, then again I have not tried in a long time so that may have been down to mostly inexperience on my part.