[Mod] Viewable Skill Progress

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Viewable Skill Progress

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Mod Update, v1.20:

Added New Features + More:
- For the DFU v0.14.1+ version, the multiple text-box pop-up has been fixed due to a code-base change, this is still present in the 0.13.5 version however
- Added progress bar graphic options instead of only text, the progress text has also been upgraded and made more customizable alongside this
- Added notification option to give live indication that a specific skill has reached it's threshold necessary to level, both HUD text and audio notification options included
- Add a large amount of new settings and options for all of the newly added features and mod in general

Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I set the DFU version to 14.0 in the dfmod properties and tested it on DFU 14.0.
Source folder includes everything (except *.meta files)
ViewableSkillsFiles.zip
(17.56 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:10 am I set the DFU version to 14.0 in the dfmod properties and tested it on DFU 14.0.
Source folder includes everything (except *.meta files)
ViewableSkillsFiles.zip
Ok, I tested the .dfmod in a 0.14.0 live version and now I see what you mean, yeah that's pretty interesting. I just spent a few hours publishing the most recent 1.20 version of the mod and it's pretty late atm. So I'll try and take a look at the code part tomorrow and see what I can do about adding that into the mod's code and such. I want to update some of my other mods that I had planned to update for the latest versions, so not sure when I'll get to it but I'll keep it noted, thanks.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Mod Update, v1.21:

Fixed formatting oversight
- Progress text and bars will now be positioned correctly on the Y-axis no matter what "rung" of skill you have Hand-to-Hand in

Thanks, Evildari for the report.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

You may want to add a visual indicator for skills that have live-skill value different from permanent-skill value.

I've been confused before because I thought I had enough skill to level up in a guild, but it turned out my skills were artificially boosted.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I'm going to have to disable Governing Attributes if the Viewable Skill Progress mod is active due to the previously discussed issue.

The way to fix the problem is for you to loop through all skills at once when the character sheet window is opened (in the VSPCharacterSheetOverride.OnPush() method) and record all the results, instead of making calls to CalculateSkillUsesForAdvancement() on an as-needed basis.

This is how PlayerEntity.RaiseSkills() does it. It starts with Medical (skill 0) and ends at Critical Strike (skill 34). See the DFCareer.Skills enum.

Code: Select all

int[] usesNeededForAdvancement = new int[(int)DFCareer.Skills.Count];

for (int i = 0; i < (int)DFCareer.Skills.Count; ++i)
{
    usesNeededForAdvancement[i] = FormulaHelper.CalculateSkillUsesForAdvancement(permanentSkillValue, skillAdvancementMultiplier, careerAdvancementMultiplier, playerEntity.Level);
}
<edit> Rather than disabling Governing Attributes, I will attempt to guess what the skill is by looking at the numbers passed into CalculateSkillUsesForAdvancement. This will sometimes produce bad values, especially for miscellaneous skills since those skill values tend to be bunched together.