[Mod] Viewable Skill Progress

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DunnyOfPenwick

Re: [Mod] Viewable Skill Progress

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

There's a CalculateTextWidth() method in DaggerfallFont class that might help with sizing/positioning issues.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

So I tried the scripts that you sent. Putting them in their own separate mod environment with what I think would be needed for them to function, but when I have them in the editor debug version at least I'm not seeing anything on the character sheet. Pressing all the buttons including the mentioned level one and it's all vanilla on my side at least.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I think I did change the namespace of the VSPCharacterSheetOverride, which might not match what you have in ViewableSkillProgressMain. Other than that I'm not sure. It works in my editor.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:35 pm I think I did change the namespace of the VSPCharacterSheetOverride, which might not match what you have in ViewableSkillProgressMain. Other than that I'm not sure. It works in my editor.
I changed the namespace as well and it still did not work unfortunately.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I'll send the entire project I'm using.
DFU-Mod_Viewable-Skill-Progress.zip
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
I suggest removing any existing similar files/directories in your DFU project just to be sure.

<edit> and put a breakpoint in the ViewableSkillProgressMain Start() method to make sure RegisterCustomUIWindow is being called.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:20 am I'll send the entire project I'm using.
DFU-Mod_Viewable-Skill-Progress.zip

I suggest removing any existing similar files/directories in your DFU project just to be sure.

<edit> and put a breakpoint in the ViewableSkillProgressMain Start() method to make sure RegisterCustomUIWindow is being called.
So I just got the chance to look at the attached file and the .dfmod attached does not have the "SkillsWindow.cs" script attached to it. So I'm not sure how it's working on your side, since the main work-horse script is not even attached to the mod it seems? Maybe you have the script attached through the Unity editor or something?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.64 KiB) Viewed 714 times

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Yeah, I never modified the dfmod json file. It should work without it in the editor.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:06 pm Yeah, I never modified the dfmod json file. It should work without it in the editor.
Normally if testing a mod in the editor while it's in "debug" mode, that being it's loose scripts and assets in the Assets < Games < Mods folder, if you don't have the assets in the .dfmod assigned correctly the mod won't work properly when you actually launch the game. Which makes me pretty certain you have the scripts attached in some other way in the editor, which is why it's not working on my end but is working on yours.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Are you using Visual Studio for development?
I'm using Visual Studio Community 2019.
(Not sure if it makes a difference)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:02 am Are you using Visual Studio for development?
I'm using Visual Studio Community 2019.
(Not sure if it makes a difference)
I'm using the same, 2019.

So I'd say, build what you are trying to show me into a .dfmod (for DFU v0.14.1 preferably.) Then confirm in a "live" build of this DFU version that it still works for you. Then if it does work, send that .dfmod file over and the code if you want, because I think we are not getting anywhere atm here with it seeming to work on your side but not on mine.