Player Description

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
LifeInVelvet

Player Description

Post by LifeInVelvet »

I want to make like a foundational player description mod that could be utilized by other mods for immersion, I have ideas on what I want, but I'm unsure of how to integrate them:
viewtopic.php?t=5450&sid=5f43523848d2ac ... 58c6a2b51f

I want to have an message box pop up at the start of game, or whenever the mod is installed that allows you to select one of many options or input your own option personally into a text box, if that's possible.

I planned to have the player description button be in the f5 menu in the middle of the four buttons on the f5 menu.

So which sort of coding would I need for making this generally work?
As I have basically no coding experience and not sure where to start exactly with this.

Not to mention, which stuff will I need to have registered for the resource register by doing all this to prevent mod conflicts?
Attachments
Capture222.jpg
Capture222.jpg (80.35 KiB) Viewed 774 times

LifeInVelvet

Re: Player Description

Post by LifeInVelvet »

Would anyone know how to implement a new window and create a button to access it? Or least provide resources for such

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

If you're interested in the user interface, look at code in Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows

LifeInVelvet

Post by LifeInVelvet »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:07 pm If you're interested in the user interface, look at code in Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows
Thanks! And now I'm realizing why the farthest I got in understanding coding was HTML and not C#.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Most game modification is going to require a good bit of C# and coding experience in general.

If you don't have that background, there are other things you can do to participate.
Artists can make new textures and models.
Musically oriented can create new music.
Writers can write new quests and books.

One area I believe doesn't get enough attention is sound effects.

In the future there will hopefully be new tools available to provide additional outlets.

You can also help find bugs and make well thought-out suggestions for improvement...