LowPoly 3D Winter & Jungle Assets for Daggerfall Unity

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: LowPoly 3D Winter & Jungle Assets for Daggerfall Unity

Post by King of Worms »

You for sure are not alone :)

Anticipateants

Post by Anticipateants »

Hi, I'm super super into doing this but I'm holding off for two reasons. One is to learn texturing properly since all the models you see are colored but not textured. I think I got that down look what I made :p

https://youtu.be/O3ra_r5EybA

I tried to keep 100% like in the game & fill out the rest as realistically as I can. I also upscaled the textures. I can do better here.

If I do texturing on every model this will take much longer. If I keep to the previous style it will take less.
I'm learning a lot of Blender now and it's awesome! But it sure feels good building things in VR as well

Sorry for the delay.
My second task is that I have to pass driving and I only have experience in driving in Japan so it's going to be interesting figuring it out in a big American city :p

I really can't wait to start testing models in Daggerfall, the community here has been incredibly helpful beyond my imagination

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

That flower turned out really pretty!

You should seriously consider getting them in game asap and see the fruits of your labour. And make sure you're working in proper scaling as measurement units directly correlate to size in unity, so if a flower is some 40cm tall ingame, it has to be scaled down to 40cm in your 3D program too.

(Also good luck!!!!)
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Also, it seems you maybe work based on Dream sprites, if thats the case, I can send em to you, so you can do it directly, if it helps? Also agreed with Ninelan, get those sprites ingame if possible, so you can see how they look and how it all works in terms of dimensions, colors, brightness etc
505_2-0.png
505_2-0.png (67.3 KiB) Viewed 941 times

Anticipateants

Post by Anticipateants »

Hey guys thank you for writing.

I will unpack it myself for sure, I have to do it and I don't want to bother you guys unnecessarily until I have to when I do the mod. :p then I will bother you a bit :p

Anticipateants

Post by Anticipateants »

OK so after a failed hiatus at making a Morrowind Aquatic Flora mod in time, and I learned some texturing UV projection etc, started doing more models for Daggerfall.

Since there's going to be a crapload of them loaded in the scene, Decided to go for REALLY low poly. Small objects around 80 triangles. medium 150, big 250.

Will use the older models too, just simplify them and skin them.

Here's almost all of TEXTURE.504 (Temperate woodland)

Here's a 1:1 comparison left 2d - right 3D

I don't want to do the full trees since with the polygon restrictions, it might looks worse. Maybe in the future.

Hope you like them