Variable Dungeon Size & Complexity

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jarlyjarljarl

Variable Dungeon Size & Complexity

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

One thing I really like about DFU is that it has the smaller dungeons setting. This is great for making the flow of the game more accessible and means I don't avoid dungeons like the plague. However, there are some instances where I think it would be great to still have a random large dungeon thrown in the mix every once in a while.

Maybe make it a setting for modders to be able to switch on or off even for specific quests.

Sometimes the small dungeons just don't scratch that itch when it arises, and it'd be great to be able to have a large dungeon every now and again without having to manually reset the ini setting, reload and also potentially screw up currently running quests.

Not sure if anyone is working on something like this, but I think it'd be great.

Werewolf

Re: Variable Dungeon Size & Complexity

Post by Werewolf »

I think small dungeons should be able to be toggled on the menu screen and I’d go as far as saying that because Daggerfall’s OG dungeons are far too large and confusing for modern tastes perhaps small dungeons should be on by default. More options for dungeon sizes would be amazing as well

tmsbrg

Re: Variable Dungeon Size & Complexity

Post by tmsbrg »

Seems like it would make sense to have both small and large dungeons in the world. Maybe beginner quests should be scripted to only send the player to small dungeons, to help make it easier for starting characters. Then once you advance in the guild you get sent on more dangerous quests.