Interior NPC Map Marking?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Daedros

Interior NPC Map Marking?

Post by Daedros »

Would it be possible to create a mod that makes it to where NPCs inside of buildings in town can actually mark a location on your exterior town map? Being a Vampire and always arriving in town at night (with no pedestrian traffic in the city) makes it difficult to find certain quest targets (particularly Residences). I have to run into a building (usually a tavern), ask the NPCs the location of the Residence, then head off in that direction spamming info on every building i see until "The XXX Residence" pops up. Rinse and repeat several times until i find the Residence. This is due to the fact that interior NPCs do not update your map with the exact location no matter how many times you ask them, like exterior NPCs do.

Jay_H

Re: Interior NPC Map Marking?

Post by Jay_H »

This is not at all what you're asking for, but it could still be helpful: Lively Cities adds NPCs to the exteriors of cities, which can help vampires and other characters get information they normally couldn't. https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/239

Daedros

Re: Interior NPC Map Marking?

Post by Daedros »

Thanks, that'll definitely help with locating quest locations in a city at night. Good thing they're static NPCs too, wouldn't want the mobile NPCs roaming about at night, i can trample them while galloping on my horse (Roleplay and Realism mod).