A few ideas.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
C0rg1

A few ideas.

Post by C0rg1 »

Daggerfall Unity is my most recent favorite game.
The game is great and the mods make it better.
I'm no programmer so all I can do is dream and make suggestions.
I've made several post on Nexus forums as "c0rg1".
They are wordy and rambling but curious.
I'll spare you the spam but drop the basics.
Here I boil them down to one line each.

A. Save and reload custom classes. (no nexus post)
B. Local zoom for Region level maps. Usefull for old systems with lower resolutions. (no nexus post)
C. Pick/break through and climb in through building windows. (no nexus post)
D. Roads inside cities are built first then buildings placed. (cities overhaul)
E. Oceans with reefs, currents, and winds and undersea sunken cities. (open oceans)
F. text to speech for discussions (voices of daggerfall)
G. Night vison in B&W mode (khajiit night vision)

I hope these post can inspire.
Wither it is to create or to laugh at is up to you.

Regnier

Re: A few ideas.

Post by Regnier »

A. Yes, would be cool, seems inevitable and has been discussed i think.
B. Right click zooms more, is that what you mean?
C. I think this is a cool idea. My idea is have the interactable at the top corner of two story buildings so you can "climb" into the window literally and figuratively and you can also enter from the roof.
D. Big ask, is being thought about
E. May happen, rivers first
F. Long shot imo
G. Not sure what it would look like, maybe it just puts a little outline on things? FYI light doesnt really mean anything in game.

C0rg1

Post by C0rg1 »

Clarification.

B. Zoomable Maps: I envision 3 or 4 levels of zoom. The World map and Regional map are the existing highest two. Then there is a County/province map, then a Local map. Once you get down to the local map you have more of a topographical map illustration and icons for each differnt locale type. No longer do you have a colored pixel.
D. The "cities Overhaul" is a tall order if you read the post. I believe the largest impact is a "road rule" mod. All roads lead somewhere So roads first then buildings.
E. The "open ocean" idea, much like the cities overhaul is a big one. I believe if there could be only one element chosen. A swimmable depth with terrain. Rivers do not need to work into it yet. Just the ocean.
F. Spoken Dialogue: This is indeed a unrealistic long shot and is quite unbelieveable. Considering text to speech tech its not impossible. The problem is switching the synth between male, female, soft or hard sylables, regional accents and more. Without that your lines and those of your conversational partner becomes harder to discern from one another
G. Night Vision: As mentioned its only a graphical mod for night vision species. All the other stuff about new species is sorta an add on to that post.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

I have some ideas for implementing A. It needs investigation and my attention has been on other mods, but I'll get to it eventually.