Glitched towns in ground

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Rem

Glitched towns in ground

Post by Rem »

Hello, I am new Daggerfall player. I installed some mods and started playing.

Mod List:
D.R.E.A.M :mrgreen:
Action Framework 0.3
Archeologist Guild 2.2.1-OSX
Basic Roads :oops:
Better Ambience :mrgreen:
BirdsInDaggerFall :?:
Convenient Clock :?: :mrgreen:
DREAM Convenient compatibility :?: :mrgreen:
Fixed Dungeon Exteriors :oops:
Harvestable Crops :?:
Improved Interior Lighting :mrgreen:
Inventory Filter
Lively Cities :?:
Loading Screen - Windows :mrgreen:
Mercenaries :?:
Mountain and Hills :oops:
Pale Bretons :?: :mrgreen:
Perform at Taverns :?:
Reak Grass - Windows :mrgreen:
RoleplayRealism 1.4
RoleplayRealism Items 1.0.1 :?:
Tavern Redone - Main
Third Person Camera :?:
Torch Taker :?:
Travel Options
Warm Ashes - Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors - v3.0.8 (Final) :?: -mods says its activated, but I had only 1 encounter

:oops: -probably causes the problem
:mrgreen: - grafical mod
:?: dont know if mod works, I havent noticed changes/that mechanic

- small dungeons: True

I was using 60x reckless travel and had incidet where I glitched under town. I used levitate to get out but there was no ground, just floating town halls and levitating NPCs. So I traveled to different town.
Later I had to turn back quest to an NPC but after visiting the destination, there were just roads without houses or NPCs.
In some dungeons I noticed small "straw tents"...at least I thought that are straw tends until now. I was doing Noble's Debts quest. I was supposed to find a deed in dungeon, but big "straw tent" blocked the way. I tired to find differet path but there wasnt any, so I used levitate + teleport to no clip. And Then I saw deed was that way... And that "straw tent" was roof of a house. I looked around and saw more houses underground.

I have some theories what can couse this, but I am not really expirienced with daggerfall modding. I used Vortex to install mods. Or maybe just base game loves to troll me :(

1. What should I do?
2. Can I used my character in different world/map? Spend enought time playing.
3. Why are not those mods working?
4. Funkcional alternatives to mods?
Attachments
little bot of trolling2.png
little bot of trolling2.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 685 times
little bot of trolling.png
little bot of trolling.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 685 times

nxnxnx

Re: Glitched towns in ground

Post by nxnxnx »

Hello,
I had this problem once few days ago. But now when I started the game from beginning, I can't find the problems.

Earlier, I experienced the towns sunken in the ground, I walked on the roof to access the door in the end of the corridor :roll:
Also, there were buildings missing in towns (saw them on the map, but the place was empty).

I use the newest DFU build (0.13.5) with the newest versions of almost all the available mods and I can't find any glitched area at the moment.
Does it still occur when you start the game without mods?