Mouse look don't work - randomly

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
nxnxnx

Mouse look don't work - randomly

Post by nxnxnx »

Hello!
For most of the times, I can't use the mouse to look around, I think I tried everything. It works normally in the menu, but in the game window mouse movement don't do anything. The buttons work.

I have this issue since a long time, I hoped it's some beta problem that would be resolved but it seems I'm the only one with such case :(
When I open and close the game multiple times, sometimes it starts to work. Is there anything I can do to help you track this issue?

billyloist

Re: Mouse look don't work - randomly

Post by billyloist »

I had a similar problem when I first tried playing DFU - my mouse look would immediately shoot up and rotate at crazy high speeds.
As it turned out, the problem was the "Enable Controller" option, and the fact that I had a joystick emulator software, which ended up intercepting the controls and messing them up. Oh, and I also turned off "Vertical Sync" for good measure. Everything worked just fine since then.

nxnxnx

Post by nxnxnx »

Thanks for the reply. Here I can't move the view at all.
I tried switching the "Enable Controller" and "Vertical Sync", it don't help. I haven't used any virtual joysticks etc.
Also tried using a different mouse (wireless one), the same problem occurs.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey! :) I've only heard of this happening in some Linux environments where Unity runtime doesn't "capture" the mouse properly.

Something that could help is opening settings.ini and enabling ExclusiveFullscreen. This gives the runtime best chance to capture mouse.

I'm travelling at the moment, so hard to give a more detailed reply. If the above doesn't help, please let us know your system specs (OS, CPU, GPU, RAM) and how you setup the game (DaggerfallGameFiles, DaggerfallSetup, etc), and I'll loop back later.

nxnxnx

Post by nxnxnx »

Thank you :) I think I finally found a reason.

I tried changing the option you mentioned, and later I also changed something else. No effect. But I discovered that no matter what I do, it's being ignored.
When I started the game in administrator mode (Windows 10), I got a different save files, made in the past. And everything was working perfectly.

It turns out the Comodo Firewall software have automatically isolated the game and created a whole virtualized system in c:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\lmdb that can't be accessed manually as it stores everything in few huge files :evil:

When I force the game to run non-isolated, all is okay - no mouse problems, but I can't access my save files.
I don't think it can be solved on DF Unity side, so thanks everyone for the configuration ideas :roll:

I will start the game from the beginning and try to avoid the low quality products of Comodo.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ah, happy you solved it, well done! I would never have guessed that one.

Thanks for following up with answer. :)