Finding all armour textures.

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Xegethra

Finding all armour textures.

Post by Xegethra »

Hello,

I can't seem to find all of the armour materials in the Daggerfall Imaging 2 program. I find the really basic ones and already extracted those but I can only seem to find the first 3 types.

Where are the rest of them located?

Ralzar

Re: Finding all armour textures.

Post by Ralzar »

There are only three armor types. Leather, Chain and Plate. Chain and Plate can be dyed other metal colors using the color data field.

If you wish to make new sprites for some of the colors you can do this by adding for example _Iron.png or _Daedric.png at the end of the file name.

If I remember how that works correctly.

Xegethra

Post by Xegethra »

Oh, I see.....

So that's why I find them in game, but not in the files. Alright so making edits to them I do that naming convention instead.

*Edit*

And that is how it works thanks!

osman

Post by osman »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:54 pm Chain and Plate can be dyed other metal colors using the color data field.
If I remember how that works correctly.
Hi, can you further explain how to use the color data field? I'm also making some armor textures.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I'm not sure what color data field ralzar is referring to, but if you're replacing the armor graphics using DFUs asset replacement system (i.e. filenames with _Dwarven etc suffixes) then you may find this thread useful. It allows a base armor image that uses the vanilla DF colour palette to have the metal be re-coloured exactly as the game does using a utility called SLADE.

viewtopic.php?t=818

Do be aware that steel is the base that is exported from DF files using imaging, and that has a suffix, whereas silver doesn't have a filename suffix. (don't assume the default is the non-suffixed one basically)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods