DFU Won't let me access folder with DF

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
SaltIntensifies

DFU Won't let me access folder with DF

Post by SaltIntensifies »

Pretty much title, I followed the install instructions and when I go to launch and select my Daggerfall install, the list ends after steamapps. Any advice would be appreciated!

Interkarma

Re: DFU Won't let me access folder with DF

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there, welcome to the forums. :)

Double-check you're navigating to the correct install path by right-clicking on Daggerfall in your Steam library > manage > browse local files and take note of complete path. This can vary depending on where your Steam environment has installed the game. For example, this is the path on my system, whereas yours might be different.

full-path.png
full-path.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 748 times

If all else fails, the DaggerfallGameFiles method is still the recommended way to install Daggerfall Unity. It's also much easier than trying to work with the unpatched Steam release.

viewtopic.php?p=27538#p27538

Jay_H

Re: DFU Won't let me access folder with DF

Post by Jay_H »

One difficulty some other users and I have seen is that in Linux, the DFU launcher doesn't seem to see system folders such as .steam. For now, it's a firm requirement to either put your Steam library inside a normal folder (like /home/username/Games) or just use the DaggerfallGameFiles method, in a normal folder.