Editing paperdoll clothing

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Arachnarok

Editing paperdoll clothing

Post by Arachnarok »

I'm wanting to make edits of the paperdoll clothing, particularly with the Vanilla enhanced versions, However I can only access the default skins and would like to have the different color variants to modify. Is there a way to extract the reskinned clothes from the game? Or is there a program you'd recommend to shift the palette manually? I understand the naming and numbering system, just not sure how to get the base PNGs to edit.

MrFlibble

Re: Editing paperdoll clothing

Post by MrFlibble »

From my experience, GrafX 2 is a good tool to quickly palswap sprites.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Arachnarok wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:38 am I'm wanting to make edits of the paperdoll clothing, particularly with the Vanilla enhanced versions, However I can only access the default skins and would like to have the different color variants to modify. Is there a way to extract the reskinned clothes from the game? Or is there a program you'd recommend to shift the palette manually? I understand the naming and numbering system, just not sure how to get the base PNGs to edit.
Oh man, theres some way to get all the color variants from the game, but I forgot how it was done. I think The Lacus helped me with that in the past. Maybe ask at the Discord, some ppl ought to know.

Your question is confusing as well, dont have any idea what Vanilla Enhanced has to do with this, or what you mean by the reskinned clothes etc

Arachnarok

Post by Arachnarok »

Vanilla enhanced has "HD" pixel versions of the clothes, I want to edit them as I use Vanilla enhanced, and I meant palette-swapped versions when I said reskinned, my apologies.
Last edited by Arachnarok on Wed May 04, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Arachnarok wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:40 pm Vanilla enhanced has HD pixel versions of the clothes, I want to edit them as I use Vanilla enhanced, and I meant palette-swapped versions when I said reskinned, my apologies.
Well if u want to alter Vanilla Enhanced sprites, contact the VE mod author, ask for the sprites and work on them - thats what I would do.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

All the VE textures can be found on cara's Github: https://github.com/drcarademono/vanilla-enhanced.

Enjoy the search :D

Arachnarok

Post by Arachnarok »

I had the sprites from VE, but they are the ones without the colour shifting done by the game, I'm looking for how to get the color shifted versions

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Arachnarok wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:34 pm I had the sprites from VE, but they are the ones without the colour shifting done by the game, I'm looking for how to get the color shifted versions
If the VE does not have color shifted versions, it means it has the default blue color and the color shifting is done by the game itself afterwards, most likely. So unless you change the blue color and only change the shape, it will translate to all color variants once ingame.

Im just guessing based on how the DFU works and on what you tell me. I never saw VE sprites. For DREAM, I had to indeed create all color variants, it was great "fun".

Still, I fail to see the reason why you dont ask the mod creator directly about how he made it work.

Arachnarok

Post by Arachnarok »

I guess I just feel like I'd be bothering them for a dumb reason. but you're right, I should probably just ask them directly if they have any tips or advice, thank you.