Mix-up quest. Can't find quest giver

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
fRIN

Mix-up quest. Can't find quest giver

Post by fRIN »

Right, I know this quest is super-bugged, but these city guard are pestering me and it's becoming very annoying. Basically, I got the incriminating letter AND the smerald. What's left to do is to find Agroryan Gaersmith in the Lion&Sword, in Grimfort, Daggerfall and confront him with evidence.

However, he is not in the Inn. Infact, there is no damn barkeeper there at all. NPCs in town however tell me he is supposed to be there, and the only 2 NPC in the inn I can interact with, also tell me he is in the building.

I have taverns redone mod, it might be that?

I'm attaching my savegame.

At this point I'm happy with a console command to terminate the quest, or something that kills all the guards in Daggerfall. Anything, as long as I can continue enjoying the game.

Unfortunately I didn't keep a save, because when I got this quest I was already doing another one and I thought I might come back later to it (bad choice, clearly).
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(246.62 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Interkarma

Re: Mix-up quest. Can't find quest giver

Post by Interkarma »

Using your save, the Lion & Sword is fully populated in unmodded game. However, the NPC you're looking for isn't there in the base game, which makes it impossible to complete. I can't say which combination of mods added this NPC or why you can't find them now, but I can help with ending this quest starting from your save.
  1. From console, enter "endquest 33572142". This is the runtime UID for the running quest than can be found in debugger.
  2. Then use "clear_negativelegalrep" to set your legal rep back to 0 for Daggerfall.
  3. Recommend immediately fast travelling elsewhere to clear any guard spawns and reset active crime state.

fRIN

Re: Mix-up quest. Can't find quest giver

Post by fRIN »

Thanks for the help, very appreciated!

So it was definitely a mod that broke the quest? A pity!

Let me also thank you for the whole project. Yours is an act of love that this game really needed. You took a broken mess and brought new life to it, so thanks a lot!