Everything is too dark

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Interkarma

Re: Everything is too dark

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for posting logs (and thank you Jay for re-uploading).

I would suggest your ATI Radeon 3000 GPU is too down-level. It looks to be a DirectX 10.1 capable GPU, whereas DFU requires a DirectX 11 capable GPU.

Minimum specs for DFU are an i3 4th gen or later equivalent, 2GB system RAM, DirectX 11 GPU, and 1GB HDD space. This is unfortunately a bit higher than your specs, and no doubt behind game not working fully.

Despite Daggerfall being a 1996 game, Daggerfall Unity is roughly a 2016 game. It's built with modern graphics techniques to support modding that will unfortunately exclude most hardware from approx. pre-2012. Sadly, I don't think we'll be able to get you running on this system.

pango

Post by pango »

... Not to mention the RS780 is a "laptop" graphics solution, it was only okay for the less demanding games when it came out, around 2008.
Windows 10 with 4GB ram will also be limiting for gaming
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Gaulront

Post by Gaulront »

Oh i understand no problem i should i have looked at the requirements i'm sorry for the dumb question. But i thank you for the support and the time