Limited Guild Quest Offers

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ralzar

Limited Guild Quest Offers

Post by Ralzar »

The current quest system feels very off from what it is meant to represent. You either take the first quest offered, or you can just keep cycling through quests until you get one you want.
Not to mention you can not go back to a quest you declined only seconds ago. As soon as you say no, it no longer exists.

The Quest Locations mod fixes some of the problem with guild quests, that they at least can be limited to missions that are somewhat close to the location of the guild. But you are still stuck with the infinite randomized quest selection.

What I would like to see:

Each Guild questor offers a randomized amount of quests. Between 0 and 3 for example, maybe adjusted for the towns size.

The mod generates that number of quests, but instead of adding it to the players quests it keeps them stored in a a list it presents to the player to be picked from.
So basically the same as DFUs advanced setting for quest offer list. Except the list is randomly limited in length and the quests are pre-generated.

As long as the player stays in the town, the list each day removes a random amount of quests and adds a random amount of quests.

So if the player does not want to do any of the available jobs, or there is no jobs, or he does all the jobs, he has to move on to antoher town to find work or wait around for new work to pop up.

The pregenerating part I assume would be the hardest to pull off. Without that, the mod would basically be the DFU advanced setting but with a limiter to what quests are listed. Which would be pretty good.

Arneb

Re: Limited Guild Quest Offers

Post by Arneb »

I completely agree: when I started playing DFU I activated the option to select from a list of possible quests thinking to be something similar to what you described here.

I still don’t know the quest system enough to say how hard it is to implement but, if no one else do, I’ll check it as soon as I have time.