Someone should bring up the lost Daggerfall short film to the Lost Media Wiki

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Werewolf

Re: Someone should bring up the lost Daggerfall short film to the Lost Media Wiki

Post by Werewolf »

MrFlibble wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:13 pm Considering how Bethesda managed to lose Daggerfall's source code, it seems very likely that the rest of the development materials, the unused FMV intro sequence included, was similarly lost as well.
Seeing how lost media far older then Daggerfall ended up being found I think that a recording or copy of the film is very likely sitting somewhere, waiting to be found

MrFlibble

Re: Someone should bring up the lost Daggerfall short film to the Lost Media Wiki

Post by MrFlibble »

Werewolf wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:14 am Seeing how lost media far older then Daggerfall ended up being found I think that a recording or copy of the film is very likely sitting somewhere, waiting to be found
Well, if the LMW people have the experience in finding presumably lost stuff, there's no reason not to try of course.

I'm in a bit of a doubt about how much there is in that short film that is not already known from that Winter CES 1995 video though.

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

MrFlibble wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:22 pm
Werewolf wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:14 am Seeing how lost media far older then Daggerfall ended up being found I think that a recording or copy of the film is very likely sitting somewhere, waiting to be found
Well, if the LMW people have the experience in finding presumably lost stuff, there's no reason not to try of course.

I'm in a bit of a doubt about how much there is in that short film that is not already known from that Winter CES 1995 video though.
Julian talked about things in that film on the AMA that weren’t in the Winter CES video. It has to be somewhere, waiting to be found