[MOD] Fixed Desert Architecture

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
SharkClub

Re: [MOD] Fixed Desert Architecture

Post by SharkClub »

- Applied Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes' changes for compatibility.
Great! That was the only reason I was hesitant to use this one. Keep up the good work.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Version 1.3 released! The changes are all related to the wealthy home locations, which are now much more useful than before.

- Wealthy home locations (Manors, Palaces, Courts, Halls) have been changed.
- Manors and Palaces now have more buildings and a tavern.
- Courts and Halls now have a fountain for thirsty Climate & Calories travelers.

PLRDLF

Post by PLRDLF »

Hello Cliffworms,
I think I may have found an issue with the latest version of your mod, here is the situation:
My character was recently visiting the city of Khajoharet in the Sentinel region and while mapping the city I discovered a building in the south-western corner which was shown orange in the auto-map, but was clearly a residence. When using info mode "residence" was displayed and inside the building was indeed a residence. I've tested this with your mod disabled and there the residence is shown with normal color in the auto-map. I've attached a screenshot of the building in question.
Attachments
The building
The building
2023_06_22_05_22_20.jpg (149.2 KiB) Viewed 3024 times

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

From what I can tell, my Red Lantern Guild mod conflicts with this one. Using this mod wipes out the guild from the few desert towns it normally appears in. The Red Lantern only affects interiors to one type of tavern (in one of the common shopping plaza blocks) ... a tavern that has it's own unique interior, different from the other taverns in what ever region, which is why I picked it. Could this mod not affect that interior? The interior in question is MARKAA00.RMB-15-building9, and I've populated it with a mix of Breton and Redgard NPCs.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

PLRDLF wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:23 am Hello Cliffworms,
I think I may have found an issue with the latest version of your mod, here is the situation:
My character was recently visiting the city of Khajoharet in the Sentinel region and while mapping the city I discovered a building in the south-western corner which was shown orange in the auto-map, but was clearly a residence. When using info mode "residence" was displayed and inside the building was indeed a residence. I've tested this with your mod disabled and there the residence is shown with normal color in the auto-map. I've attached a screenshot of the building in question.

Thank you for the report. I'll take a closer look. :)
harbinger451 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:48 pm From what I can tell, my Red Lantern Guild mod conflicts with this one. Using this mod wipes out the guild from the few desert towns it normally appears in. The Red Lantern only affects interiors to one type of tavern (in one of the common shopping plaza blocks) ... a tavern that has it's own unique interior, different from the other taverns in what ever region, which is why I picked it. Could this mod not affect that interior? The interior in question is MARKAA00.RMB-15-building9, and I've populated it with a mix of Breton and Redgard NPCs.
I didn't touch existing blocks but rather created new ones from the default blocks. I then changed location files so they'd load up FDA's new blocks. In this case here, one way to make it compatible would be for you to modify the tavern of your choice in the block file named "MARKAB00.RMB", attached to this post. Then include it in your WorldData content of your mod and, if I'm not mistaken as it's been some time, ensure that the Red Lantern loads after FDA so it overwrites FDA's MARKAB00.RMB block.
Attachments
MARKAB00.RMB.zip
(14.54 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

one way to make it compatible would be for you to modify the tavern of your choice in the block file named "MARKAB00.RMB", attached to this post. Then include it in your WorldData content of your mod and, if I'm not mistaken as it's been some time, ensure that the Red Lantern loads after FDA so it overwrites FDA's MARKAB00.RMB block.
I'll give it a go, thanks.
EDIT: Okay, I had a look. So... do I just paste all the building 9 data from my MARKAA00.RMB-15-building9.json into the building 9 relevant parts of your MARKAB00.RMB block?

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

So, I've managed to get the right building in place and it has all the right NPCs inside ... but for some reason the faction both the building and the NPCs belong to is The Order of the Candle. They've been allocated the correct faction ID for The Red Lantern in the World Data file, but in game they all belong to the Order of the Candle. I tried changing the load order, but that has no effect. It wasn't a building I had visited before so it shouldn't be a problem with the saved game's DiscoveryData.txt. Not sure why this is happening.
EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if I'm getting a conflict with another mod, the desert architecture is replaced with jungle type architecture in a lot of places ... as well as some plants and trees being jungle variants ... the buildings and city walls are often grey stone rather than brown ... and they get snow and icicles when its winter.