[MOD] Soundblaster Soundtrack Overhaul Mod

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
gunsling3r

[MOD] Soundblaster Soundtrack Overhaul Mod

Post by gunsling3r »

Soundblaster Soundtrack Overhaul Mod by gunsling3r

Experience Daggerfall music as if you have a soundblaster card installed in your PC.
Daggerfall sounded like this back in the days when people used soundblaster cards for dos gaming. But you don't have to buy a soundblaster card, use this instead. :lol:

Check the comparision between a Soundblaster hardware soundcard vs this mod that aims to replicate that:

130 soundtracks. Sound based on YM2413 OPLL ,YM3812 OPL2 the core of a Soundblaster cards.

Download Mod: Soundblaster Soundtrack Overhaul Mod https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/316

Sample soundtrack from this mod:

:D

gunsling3r

Re: [MOD] Soundblaster Soundtrack Overhaul Mod

Post by gunsling3r »

:( Edited 130 files individually to remove large gaps and end beeps found in original sound files. In my opinion the only annoying thing was that there were a few audio files with 2 beeps in the end which stood out. The beep thats at the very end in the image as you can see , to me didn't matter because as soon as that beep sounded the audio started from beginning again so since this is all chiptunes it sounded like part of the audio file at the start.

New cleaned version 1.1 released https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... it/?id=316

gunsling3r

Post by gunsling3r »

I need help figuring this out. I have these two same soundtracks one is original another is HQ version on original, both from my soundblaster version mod v1.0 .

Original: 0:0
HQ version starts at : 0:34

I need to be true to original soundblaster soundcard music style hence in dilemma which is better and which is closer to original hardware sound.
Both are stereo, HQ version is edited but soundtrack quality is not touched at all.

gunsling3r

Post by gunsling3r »

Uploaded a preview of 99 soundtracks that this mod provides. End tracks are best soundtracks of overall.

I really need feedback from users of soundblaster card as this mod is mere emulation.