Working On Mod To Add Back Classic Exploits

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Magicono43

Working On Mod To Add Back Classic Exploits

Post by Magicono43 »

So I'm in the concept stage for a mod that would aim to try and reproduce some of the exploits some people were not happy were fixed/removed in DFU.

Anyone happen to have a list of exploits that are possible in classic, that have been fixed in DFU?

The primary one I know is the high-elf immunity to everything but being able to take "critical weakness" to everything for free.

Keep in mind that any movement or physics related stuff is off the table, as that's not really the aim of the mod, but more gameplay/formula related stuff that people would actually want to practically use.

Also keep in mind that I'm not somebody who cares that these exploits were removed in DFU, I personally think it was for the better. But I figured that if possible why not try to give those who did like them something to more easily allow for that gameplay "features" they desired, since I know at least currently in the mod system there are at least a few that can be reproduced practically.

Thanks for reading.

Jay_H

Re: Working On Mod To Add Back Classic Exploits

Post by Jay_H »

High Elf immunity bug is, High Elves are naturally immune to paralysis. Therefore, taking "critical weakness to paralysis" merely gives you bonus points in character creation.

Magic immunity bug is that you choose "Immunity to Magic," which then makes you immune to Poison, Disease, and Paralysis, which are considered spells.

Magicono43

Re: Working On Mod To Add Back Classic Exploits

Post by Magicono43 »

Jay_H wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:22 am High Elf immunity bug is, High Elves are naturally immune to paralysis. Therefore, taking "critical weakness to paralysis" merely gives you bonus points in character creation.

Magic immunity bug is that you choose "Immunity to Magic," which then makes you immune to Poison, Disease, and Paralysis, which are considered spells.
Yeah, those two at the very least can be pretty easily reproduced by changing the "SavingThrow" method in FormulaHelper.cs to account for being a high-elf and for the Immunity to Magic thing effecting everything basically.

Thanks for the clarification for those two important ones.