[Modder's Resource] Diverse NPC Flats

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
MrFlibble

Re: [Modder's Resource] Diverse NPC Flats

Post by MrFlibble »

I love the guy in the purple robe with a floating scroll ^_^

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Have these found a way into any mod yet?

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

MrFlibble wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:14 pm Have these found a way into any mod yet?
As soon as I'm done with the marketplace update for Lively Cities, I'll start working on the desert/Hammerfell update, which will feature those gorgeous Redguards. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

MrFlibble wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:14 pm Have these found a way into any mod yet?
Yep, added 7 of them to the Archeologists Guild halls today. Took me long enough, but I get around to these things eventually. :-D

Was a pain to ensure they had a half way appropriate face for the talk window, and unfortunately the faces will only work for players starting a new game with the new version of the mod. That's because DFU saves the faction data with savedata.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:33 pm
Yep, added 7 of them to the Archeologists Guild halls today. Took me long enough, but I get around to these things eventually. :-D

Was a pain to ensure they had a half way appropriate face for the talk window, and unfortunately the faces will only work for players starting a new game with the new version of the mod. That's because DFU saves the faction data with savedata.
And what archive format you used? Aka the naming? I upscaled these for the Famous faces (or was it Lively cities? Its mod made by Cliffworms) and it had its own naming. Is the naming coordinated?

1200_5
1200_5-0.png
1200_5-0.png (733.16 KiB) Viewed 3064 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Basically what we need is to have a standardized naming of these flats. The base release does not have em, so we need to agree upon some. Otherwise each mod using these flats will use its own naming and that will lead to utter mess.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I used a virtual archive in the range I claimed and the standard format for image files. For vanilla textures, they're small enough for each mod to have it's own version I think. Probably different for hi-res stuff though, there it may make sense to try to share the files.

Anyway you can see all the files in my mods on github as usual.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:36 pm I used a virtual archive in the range I claimed and the standard format for image files. For vanilla textures, they're small enough for each mod to have it's own version I think. Probably different for hi-res stuff though, there it may make sense to try to share the files.

Anyway you can see all the files in my mods on github as usual.
Hmmm... so how should I make those sprites in your mod HD is the question.. I would like to just include the HD sprites in Dream and let it overwrite the low res sprites for ppl who you such a mod + dream.

This is the current naming used in a DREAM
If you could make your virtual archives in this manner, it should work. Would it be possible? I have no idea how the virtual archive works :X
Naming DREAM.png
Naming DREAM.png (519.45 KiB) Viewed 3010 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Done in 2.5.1 release. Please test and let me know if anything is wrong.

Curious why records 0 and 1 were skipped?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:26 pm Done in 2.5.1 release. Please test and let me know if anything is wrong.

Curious why records 0 and 1 were skipped?
Thanks a lot! Will test and let u know ofc.
0 and 1 is already used by two other NPC sprites in the Famous Faces by Cliffworms :)
(Spoilers not working :X )
1200_1-0.png
1200_1-0.png (927.75 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
1200_0-0.png
1200_0-0.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2938 times