[Modder's Resource] Diverse NPC Flats

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
StarMadeKnight

[Modder's Resource] Diverse NPC Flats

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Working on some new assets for quest/worldspace modders - pulling in inspiration from concept art and later TES games wherever possible to keep things as lore-friendly as I can, and rendered as close as possible to the vanilla Daggerfall art style :)

Flats are double the size of the vanilla sprites they're based on, using the unused HD flats as a template, and they've all been palettized to the Daggerfall color scheme in SLADE. Will update the download link & screens below as often as I can as I add new sprites!

Feel free to upscale, tweak, or do whatever with these :D

Adventurers:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Commoners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nobles:
ImageImage

Mystics:
ImageImageImage

Prostitutes (NSFW):
Spoiler!
Attachments
DiverseNPCs.zip
(264.86 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Last edited by StarMadeKnight on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: [Help needed] Redguard NPC Flats Modder's Resource

Post by Ralzar »

This looks very much like something perfect for World Of Daggerfall I am thinking?

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

More like Lively Cities, but it's the same team, so we'd find a place for those

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Kab the Bird Ranger wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:05 am More like Lively Cities, but it's the same team, so we'd find a place for those
Man, I can just not stop mixing those up :D

carademono

Post by carademono »

Ralzar wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:09 am Man, I can just not stop mixing those up :D
We're pretty sure you were thinking of Vanilla Enhanced, actually -- also the same team :lol: And StarMadeNight, these are great. If you're interested, I might also be able mix them into the Animated People module of Vanilla Enhanced.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I would happily replace some of the NPC sprites used in the Archaeologists guild for some non-vanilla ones. All I would need is png files at the appropriate resolution if you feel like doing some. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

I'm excited to hear that y'all like them :) If it works for all parties, I'm happy to just upload PNGs here (or dropbox if the filesize becomes too much) and let y'all have at! I consider these a true resource so feel free to tweak, modify, upscale, or use however :)

Hoping to churn more of these out so if y'all have specific requests (whether for Redguards or anything), feel free to DM me or drop a request here. Can't always guarantee a quick turnaround but this is a fun side project!

@Hazelnut - Definitely would love to take this on, do you have thoughts on what kinds of characters you'd be looking for? (IE Bretons/Redguards/Other, explorer types, commoners, nobles, etc.)?

@carademono I'd love it if you'd like to incorporate these into Animated People :D
Attachments
Redguards.zip
(51.02 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

carademono

Post by carademono »

StarMadeKnight wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 am @carademono I'd love it if you'd like to incorporate these into Animated People :D
Thanks so much, StarMadeKnight! I'm currently redoing Animated People, and will try to get them in there in the next release. And that goes for any more Redguard (or other) flats you'd like to make. :)

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Really lovely sprites, absolutely need more always :D , however, I believe they might stand out too much as the palette they use is not the one which is used by the rest of Daggerfall's sprites. So you might want to run those through the right one again to make them look like they fit a bit more with the world that surrounds them.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

StarMadeKnight wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 am @Hazelnut - Definitely would love to take this on, do you have thoughts on what kinds of characters you'd be looking for? (IE Bretons/Redguards/Other, explorer types, commoners, nobles, etc.)?
Explorer types mainly, any race you fancy doing really. Mystical types too would be useful. Basically each guild hall has the following services: locator seller, potion seller, potion mixer, identify, magic item smith, trainer, quest giver, summoner. There are 4 variants of guild hall, 2 for desert regions and 2 for everywhere else. I am fairly happy with the vanilla sprites I've used but they're not unique to the guild so having some unique ones would be cool if any inspiration strikes you.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods