Accessibility option for location markers on world map

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Nachtkater

Accessibility option for location markers on world map

Post by Nachtkater »

Is it possible to change the colors of markers on the world map in some ini/config file?
I sometimes have a hard time differentiating between markers to tell what's what.
While this may slightly relate to this Mac UI issue, more saturated colors would probably up the experience regardless.
Can this be done as of now? If not, is it possible to add options for this like for the automap?

pango

Re: Accessibility option for location markers on world map

Post by pango »

Have you tried Interface / Outline regional map locations?

Washed out UI is a known Unity issue on Mac: viewtopic.php?t=5231
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Nachtkater

Post by Nachtkater »

Oh, yeah, should've probably mentioned this, I do use the outline setting, basically to notice locations in the first place :lol:
Seems to be a really bad combination of slight color blindness on my end and bad alpha output from unity.

But wow, looking at that screenshot makes me realize how bad the ui actually seems to be on the mac. Doesn't appear that bad in the inventory or other menus, especially without knowing how it should look, but here? Damn, that's night and day...

This is what I am looking at:

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

There's also an option in the Launcher under 'accessibility' that lets you idividually change colors for the map markers to whatever hex value you want.