Missing NPC of a quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
thpapk

Missing NPC of a quest

Post by thpapk »

I am glad to discover Daggerfall Unity and now I am playing the game after 25 years since my last try :)

The problem: I have a quest from Mages Guild to cast sleep on an NPC (Elyzolda Wicksley). I traveled to location (Kington residence at Greensley Palace) but the NPC is nowhere to be found inside the residence.

I have saved just outside the residence.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
SAVE0.zip
(225.07 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

pango

Re: Missing NPC of a quest

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, thpapk!

That's the still warrior; The questor said it would be "[...] the well-armored one."
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

thpapk

Post by thpapk »

Thanks a lot Pango!!!

I tried the spell on the warrior before posting here, but the spell runs through him so I guessed that it didn't have any effect. When I went back to the quest giver, he recognized that I cast it so everything went fine :)

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Did you receive a message when you cast the spell? I'ts supposed to pop one up.

Also, you don't even need to cast the spell on the warrior, as long as you cast it while inside the residence, the quest recognizes it and should work properly.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

thpapk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:16 am Thanks a lot Pango!!!

I tried the spell on the warrior before posting here, but the spell runs through him so I guessed that it didn't have any effect. When I went back to the quest giver, he recognized that I cast it so everything went fine :)
What do you mean «Runs through him»? Sleep is a touch spell is it not?