0.13.5 [S0000501] Queen Akorithi message triggers improperly after quest starts [RESOLVED 0.14]

Lywzc

0.13.5 [S0000501] Queen Akorithi message triggers improperly after quest starts [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Lywzc »

For no reason the Part III starts suddenly with "I was hoping you would come." message which should be said by Queen.
Saves.zip
(821.87 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
In the saves, Save2 is just before triggering the quest, Save11 is after triggering the quest. Wait until 7 in the morning with Save2 will trigger the quest.

Jay_H

Re: Lord K'avar Quest Part III bugged

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, this is one of those times I forgot to buffer for this. You clicked on the queen previously, and the game is storing that click alllll the way until you get the letter. I've added a change to ensure the click won't count until after you get the letter. Thanks for reporting.

Lywzc

Lord K'avar Quest Part III still bugged

Post by Lywzc »

I added the fix but the bug persist. Do I need to edit the save to make the fix work? Saves are the same as before.

Interkarma

Re: Lord K'avar Quest Part III still bugged

Post by Interkarma »

You'll need to recompile (fully restart) a quest after any changes to its template. Reloading a save with the quest already active just loads the live quest already instantiated in that save.

I'll leave it to Jay to add any more details if needed. I haven't looked over the original issue or fix yet.

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

That's why I asked how to edit the savedata to make the quest progress normally. This quest takes 1 month to start so I really do not want to restart it unless no other way is possible.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've merged the topics back together and opened them up.

What bug exactly are you trying to regress? If the queen has already said her message, then you can proceed with the quest.

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

I want to start the quest from the receiving the letter so I can get the earlier journal entries. What do I need to change to my QuestData.txt to make it happen. As I understand unless you restart the quest the fix will not take place.

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.5 [S0000501] Queen Akorithi message triggers improperly after quest starts

Post by Interkarma »

There's no way we can help you with editing quest logic in save data. That's an error-prone waste of time when we can simply restart the quest and test it from a new instance.

Stop the running quest from console using the below (<questUID> is live quest instance shown in debugger):

Code: Select all

endquest <questUID>
Then start quest again with:

Code: Select all

startquest S0000501
For the 30-day lead time, you can fast travel back and forth somewhere to kill that timer in a few seconds.

Having now read Jay's fix on git, I'm reasonably confident this will solve the problem of click not being cleared. This is a common issue inherited from classic quests and Jay has experience fixing this kind of thing.

I'll leave this open in Issues until one of us confirms it's resolved in a fresh instance of quest using Jay's fix to template.

Edit: I'll also update the subject of this one to be more descriptive. This makes it easier for me to follow and review later.

Lywzc

Re: 0.13.5 [S0000501] Queen Akorithi message triggers improperly after quest starts

Post by Lywzc »

I managed to make it work as I intended. Just set "triggered" of _S.04_ to false will make the quest behave as intended. You will be approached by a courier and reading the letter will add a journal entry then you can go to Sentinel to proceed. However the bug in viewtopic.php?p=52288 still exists. I guess that one is not fixed since it is not in the Resolved section.
As for the fix. I guess it works. I restarted the quest and clicked the queen a bunch of times, after 30 days I received the letter not the wrong message which should be good.

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.5 [S0000501] Queen Akorithi message triggers improperly after quest starts [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for confirming Jay's fix for this issue in a fresh instance. I'll move this back to resolved then.