Depth of Field separated for indoors and outdoors

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Nachtkater

Depth of Field separated for indoors and outdoors

Post by Nachtkater »

This is probably not something most people would find a use for, but I really love playing with the DoF effect.
And while after a lot of fiddling around with the settings, I found satisfying setup values, I have 2 sets to switch between.

One for indoors to have sort of a gloomy blur in longer corridors or large rooms in dungeons.
It starts pretty close by, so even in shorter distance, lights are starting to blur a bit and increases bit by bit.
Focus distance 1.5
Aperture 20
Focal length 70

The other one is for outside, since with the first setup everything would turn into mush a few meters away...
This one starts way farther away and basically only blurs the last few meters of rendered cells, but creates a nice glow on stars and distant cities at night.
Focus distance 65
Aperture 6.5
Focal length 250

I guess both can be optimized and are also down to personal preference to some degree.
What I would like now, is a way to have these settings applied more easily. At best automated based on character being inside or not.
How could this be achieved most easily? A mod that reads the location? Maybe some console commands? Read the values from a settings file or fixed in the code?

Since the effect can be changed ingame, I assume this should be possible to do in the first place, but being totally new to anything unity related, I don't have a clue how to get started here...